How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
oh and i think we should set up a poll or something to get the admin's butt in gear to ban him already!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
[QUOTE=RSVX]He is MORE than capable of coming here and voicing his side, yet he hasn't. That, in and of itself speaks VOLUMES.[QUOTE]

I agree 100% with this statement. Also, cars don't just dent themselves....
Old 08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90
Also, cars don't just dent themselves....
No, they don't, but that doesn't mean Mike Davis did it either.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 AM

Ive known Mike also for many years and have never been "burned." I understand that some you may have had problems with him and that is none of my business. I was friends with BOTH of the "Mikes" and got to see first hand what was really going on. My statements were unbiased because I didnt point fingers at anyone. I just feel that judgments should be considered until both sides are heard. If you have problems with business you've had, i'm sorry I guess I should have clarified that but I think that we should try to keep it a bit less public because people that are browsing and who are non-members who come to this site after they just aquired or bought a "cool looking car with odd windows" certainly dont want to read about personal disputes and bad deals they want information and resources.

~Tim
Old 08-03-2006, 09:25 AM

Car

And as far as other Mike's car goes, anything can happen to a car thats parked on the side of the street, especially our street, theres a known history of vandalism to vehicles on our street, (I speak from being a victim twice with over 1500.00 in damage to a couple of my cars) Mike (Milan) also is aware of that and should have considered it before he left it parked there for weeks on end.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldcar
I guess I should have clarified that but I think that we should try to keep it a bit less public because people that are browsing and who are non-members who come to this site after they just aquired or bought a "cool looking car with odd windows" certainly dont want to read about personal disputes and bad deals they want information and resources.

~Tim
That is a very valid point, however here it sits in public, and in dire need of attention. Yet, where is Mike Davis? Where are his assurances to all of the people that got burned that he will do his best to remedy the situation? Where is his side of this mess?

The longer he wait, the more it feels like him trying to come up with a good story for us to buy.

Also, this thread does offer some information that the newcomer should know, and that is NOT to do business with Mike Davis.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
And as far as other Mike's car goes, anything can happen to a car thats parked on the side of the street, especially our street, theres a known history of vandalism to vehicles on our street, (I speak from being a victim twice with over 1500.00 in damage to a couple of my cars) Mike (Milan) also is aware of that and should have considered it before he left it parked there for weeks on end.
This wreaks of cover up, but I am not a conspiracy theorist.

There is no proof that Mike Davis did this, that is an assumption.

There is *supposed* historical data that the neighborhood is bad for vandalism. If that is true (I will admit I don't know either way) then there is every possibility that Mike Davis DID in fact do this, knowing he could use the "you knew this was a bad neighborhood" defense.

There is also the possiblity that the car was merely vandalized. However, I have rarely seen vandals stop at just a quarter panel...

Either way, there is no proof as to who did it, so noone here should jump to that conclusion.

This still leaves the original mess, which needs to be handled.

ASAP
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
Quote:

And which street is this??? I just want to know so that when I am in meadville next month I'll make sure not to park there.

Seriously...I want to know....
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
well having lived with mike for 6 months and with mike milan for 2, i have a bit more insight into this situation than most people. As for the allegations of mike davis being abusive, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I can recall two events before mike milan convinced mike davis to evict me from the house, where mike davis came home from being out with mike milan with a black eye. One specific incedent he had been punched while driving the car, all because mike davis was driving too fast for his tastes.

As for the damaged car, there is a police report on file stating that it was a hit and run, there have been numerous incedents of hit and run accidents as well as vandilism on the street where mike milan left his car parked. There is grey paint residue on the svx where it was hit. Mike davis has one silver car, and the impact doesn't line up anywhere close to where a legacy wagon would strike an svx. These implications that mike davis caused the damages to mike milan's car are completely unfounded and slanderous.

Also on the alledged finances owed, mike milan complains that he cannot make his car payment, but he fails to mention that it is a 1998 mercedes that he owes almost 400 dollars a month on, when he bought it on the joint income that the two shared they couldn't afford it, and since he's left of course he can't make the payments. There is absolutely no reason that mike davis should owe him any financial support. they were in a business partnership and that partnership disolved. mike milan put forth no financing toward the purchase of any inventory, as it is a local man who is lending money for inventory in exchange for a cut of the profits after the sale. The other articles that remain in mike davis' posession are valued at under 2000 dollars, and when mike milan left mike davis gave him free of charge a 1994 perlie estimated to be worth over 6000 dollars in resale. The aforementioned furniture is from ikea and cost, new, under 1100 dollars.

The credit that mike milan charged during the time living here, is in no way, mike davis' responsibility, it was money spent in effort for mike milan to manipulate mike davis into something he's not. it was spent buying 50 dollar cooked at home meals, 18 dollar half dead hanging plants, and other unnessicary extravigances of that nature. Things that in no way should mike davis have any obligation to repay mike milan for.

the inflamitory and degretory remarks made by mike milan are almost entirely false and serve no purpose other than to tarnish mike davis' name and reputation to people who were not here to see what really happened.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Ok thats fine and well. But why the hell are two of Mike's friends telling the story. Tell him to come on and tell everyone else in that case. Why doesn't he return calls or send back money? Why shouldn't this be on a public forum...newcomers need to see not to do business with him so they don't have to post in this thread wondering where the **** their parts/money is.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadTW
well having lived with mike for 6 months and with mike milan for 2, i have a bit more insight into this situation than most people. As for the allegations of mike davis being abusive, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I can recall two events before mike milan convinced mike davis to evict me from the house, where mike davis came home from being out with mike milan with a black eye. One specific incedent he had been punched while driving the car, all because mike davis was driving too fast for his tastes.

As for the damaged car, there is a police report on file stating that it was a hit and run, there have been numerous incedents of hit and run accidents as well as vandilism on the street where mike milan left his car parked. There is grey paint residue on the svx where it was hit. Mike davis has one silver car, and the impact doesn't line up anywhere close to where a legacy wagon would strike an svx. These implications that mike davis caused the damages to mike milan's car are completely unfounded and slanderous.

Also on the alledged finances owed, mike milan complains that he cannot make his car payment, but he fails to mention that it is a 1998 mercedes that he owes almost 400 dollars a month on, when he bought it on the joint income that the two shared they couldn't afford it, and since he's left of course he can't make the payments. There is absolutely no reason that mike davis should owe him any financial support. they were in a business partnership and that partnership disolved. mike milan put forth no financing toward the purchase of any inventory, as it is a local man who is lending money for inventory in exchange for a cut of the profits after the sale. The other articles that remain in mike davis' posession are valued at under 2000 dollars, and when mike milan left mike davis gave him free of charge a 1994 perlie estimated to be worth over 6000 dollars in resale. The aforementioned furniture is from ikea and cost, new, under 1100 dollars.

The credit that mike milan charged during the time living here, is in no way, mike davis' responsibility, it was money spent in effort for mike milan to manipulate mike davis into something he's not. it was spent buying 50 dollar cooked at home meals, 18 dollar half dead hanging plants, and other unnessicary extravigances of that nature. Things that in no way should mike davis have any obligation to repay mike milan for.

the inflamitory and degretory remarks made by mike milan are almost entirely false and serve no purpose other than to tarnish mike davis' name and reputation to people who were not here to see what really happened.
Thats all fine and dandy...

But Mike Davis still has not made a public effort to handle his business. Posting your phone number and saying "call me" is NOT an effort.

As a business person, it's HIS responsibilty to track down his customers and make that situation right, or at least give a timeline. I see none of that here.

And having experienced Mike's empty promises myself, and seeing noone stepping up to say that Mike Davis is trying to handle it, leads me to beleive that he is up to the same ole sh!t. Either way... without the proper handling of this, he should NOT be the forum Admin, PERIOD.

EDIT: And two of Mike's friends offering their biased viewpoint, in no way helps the situation. I ask again... where is Mike Davis?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
It is upsetting to see this get as ugly as it has.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Thats all fine and dandy...

But Mike Davis still has not made a public effort to handle his business. Posting your phone number and saying "call me" is NOT an effort.

As a business person, it's HIS responsibilty to track down his customers and make that situation right, or at least give a timeline. I see none of that here.

And having experienced Mike's empty promises myself, and seeing noone stepping up to say that Mike Davis is trying to handle it, leads me to beleive that he is up to the same ole sh!t. Either way... without the proper handling of this, he should NOT be the forum Admin, PERIOD.

EDIT: And two of Mike's friends offering their biased viewpoint, in no way helps the situation. I ask again... where is Mike Davis?
i'm not sure why two of mike's friends count for any less than a bitter ex.
i got thrown out of my home because of mike milan, does that make me biased? sure. but it doesn't make anything i said less than the truth
Old 08-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Green1995SVX

I agree. I already submitted my resignation as an admin on this forum last night. I don't want to be an admin, nor do i deserve to be. My years on this forum were a good run, and I always loved the reading meets. After all of this, I don't want to be here, and it's pretty obvious you guys dont want me here. I'm not going to make excuses, and i'm not going to try and 'defend' myself. It'll just cause this thread to keep going in a worse direction. I will be contacting people who I know I owe money or things to to try and work it out. If I don't contact you, please contact me. I don't have all of the information. I'm sorry to everyone that this had to go like this.

Mike
Old 08-03-2006, 11:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
good riddance

Last edited by SVXMAN2001; 08-03-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Closed Thread