Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
rotors

Has anyone purchased rotors or brakes from ebay? Any recommendations?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
I just got mine from R1concepts, they look like very good quality. The look nicer than the Brembos I put on my GFs car. I'll let you know once I get my EBC pads and S/S lines. BTW, don't but the "brembo" rotors advertised. Read that sellers feedback and you'll see some people got cheap knock offs.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 05-02-2006, 09:46 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
I just got mine from R1concepts, they look like very good quality. The look nicer than the Brembos I put on my GFs car. I'll let you know once I get my EBC pads and S/S lines. BTW, don't but the "brembo" rotors advertised. Read that sellers feedback and you'll see some people got cheap knock offs.
I think Brembo would love to hear about someone selling rip-offs in their packages: (see ebay auction for pics). I just purchased some raceconcepts off ebay, I'll follow up when I get them.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 05-02-2006, 10:32 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I think Brembo would love to hear about someone selling rip-offs in their packages: (see ebay auction for pics). I just purchased some raceconcepts off ebay, I'll follow up when I get them.
Really, besides asking the guy for the actual part number of the rotors it'd be hard to prove they're not Brembos. The OEM+ Brembos I put on the family focus had nothing designating them as Brembos.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 05-03-2006, 05:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
what i have found with ebay rotors... just like any part thats not OEM is you get what you pay for... most of the time the "High performance" drilled and sloted rotors you get on ebay are the cheepest ones you can buy at a auto parts store that some one has just lathed holes and slots in...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I had 2 sets of he cheapo rotors on my previously owned svxi. Worked great, no crackin, no warping. Even when I raced them, they seemed just fine. Great for a daily driver that doesn't see serious action

Tom
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
I bought rotors from STOPCHEK. They had the best overall deal- price, feedback, amount sold, shipping, and they had more patterns on the rotors for stopping. I'll post my results when I get them. PS I also recieved a super fast response to a question I had by email. This was one of the main problems with the other sellers, bad communication.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:45 AM
#1 6MT In Cali

Took some pics of the rotors I bought from R1concepts. $137 front and rear.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 08-04-2006, 01:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to neffer
R1Concepts

I was somewhat leary of buying the rotors off EBAY. Quotes I had gotten was $100 ea from Subaru and $260-280 for all four from local parts stores. I ordered the plain ones from R1Concepts and want to report the quality and fit is very good. The communication throughout the entire transaction was exceptional. IMHO unless ur into Rallying no one needs drilled and slotted rotors and I never had brakes fade in heavy stop and go traffic in NYC. Bottom line is for about $142 I had them shipped to NYC and couldnt be happier with the choice. So if anyone is in doubt-just do it -u will be pleased u did.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
no joke about buying things like that locally. i had a shop quoting me about i think it was 900$ for all for drill slotted rotors. and i got it for a good fraction at race concepts.
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic