Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 AM

Question Simple Tire question...

Hey all, new to the forum... I've been lurking/researching for a good few months, but this is my first real post. I bought a black on silver 92 LSL a few months ago and got t-boned into a freakin' telephone pole by a drunk before I even got to know her :-( The good news is that I should probably be replacing her in a week or so, thanks to AppStateSVX. After I replace the rear wheel bearings I'm planning to replace the wheels and tires with an 18x7.5'' package. I'm curious as to what tires people with 18'' wheels have had good luck with. Any advice would be appreciated!

Kevin
Old 02-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Are you looking for summer only or all season tires?

On my summer rims I run 225/40-18 Yokohama AVS ES100's I like them, but these are the first set of summer only tires I've ever driven on.

On my stock rims I run 225/50-16 Continental ContiExtremeContact these are all season tires. I know that a lot of other member also have these tires. I had to wait 3 months to get them and I am glad I waited. I only complaint I have with them it they get flat spots in them from siting over night. After a mile or two of driving there fine.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 PM

Summer-only is a possibility as our Winters aren't very severe at all and I'll still have the stock wheels which, actually, I think have the same Contis you mentioned on them already. I'll check with the company I'm buying the wheels from and see which tires they offer in wheel/tire package deals.

Kevin
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 PM

The company is offering Wanli Z-Rated 225-40-18's free with the wheels I'm buying - does anyone have any experience with these tires? They look like fairly decent midrange all-seasons (not to mention the sexy tread pattern), but I'm unfamiliar with the brand. If they're crap, the company offers GT Champiros and Kumhos in the same size for an extra $100-150, but if the Wanlis are decent, I'll get out with 4 18 inch wheels and tires for under a grand, which wouldn't bother me one little bit ;-)

Thanks guys,
Kevin
Old 02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Wanli = Yokohama