SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
oh my, where can i find a sugarmomma?
Hey now I don't have a free ride. I smell like breast milk most of the day and raising a baby sure cuts into race car preparations!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90
...and see he does it without having a sugarmomma.....that is the beauty of it. If you paid attention to the things he has said you would know how he does what he does and can show ZERO for it. Come on folks...you don't need to be an accountant for this one....

Ok folks keep the flame war going here...
look man, i never went to an ivy league school...and i can't even read gud. how do you expect me to figure this thing out????

he panhandles using his daughter as a prop?

benebob, i couldn't resist. just joking.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
...I smell like breast milk most of the day...
True, but that was also true before the baby was born
Old 10-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
you know if he panhandled with the baby maybe he could get more funds for the svx racer and babysit at the same time... hmmmm

As for the ivy league degree...I didn't get one of those either....but I did do a little better than state school....atleast I don't think Pitt is a state school.

Ben: did you start doing wash and running the vac. while she is at work too?

Last edited by subeman90; 10-11-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Ben: did you start doing wash and running the vac. while she is at work too?
Two loads of laundry today. Vac and cleaned grout yesterday. I've always been the cleaner.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:57 PM

Quote:
you know if he panhandled with the baby maybe he could get more funds for the svx racer and babysit at the same time... hmmmm
hell i'd do it. i just need to rent a baby. i'd move to hong kong grab some 'joke dirt' from the gag shop and sit around near the touristy spots and make bank.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
hell i'd do it. i just need to rent a baby. i'd move to hong kong grab some 'joke dirt' from the gag shop and sit around near the touristy spots and make bank.
Little Ghengis could be rented....

Hell, last weekend I'd have given the monster away (teething is fun)
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Sorry Shadow, I went to school to get an education not a job so your figures and logic mean nothing to me. If I loose both my houses, all 5 cars, my truck, my cycle and my scooter I'll still have something that can't be taken away.
You didn't mention that before. If that's what you're looking for, then it was worth the money to you right? I'm talking about 95% of the population who are looking for a job, not just knowledge.

Quote:
Remember an idiot is still an idiot regardless how much money they have.
Amen to that.

Quote:
Wow, Shadow. I'm impressed. I didn't know your friends could pass the bar right out of highschool. Dude that highschool must be something else. Can you please state the name so that we all may send our kids to that highschool?
It would make sense if you had actually read my post. Go back and try it again, maybe you'll get it this time around.

Quote:
What fields are your other friends working in? The ones that went to a state college? It sounds like your friend the Chemical Engineer is worthless.
Teacher, Mechanical Engineer and Pharmacist.

Whether the Chemical Engineer is worthless or not is irrelevant. He went to an Ivy League school so he was guaranteed to make 6 figures right?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248

Of my 5 closest friends (we are all close in age):

3 went to state schools, 2 went to Ivy League schools. blah blah blah blah blah.....
oh, so personal experiences count only for YOU, but when arguing cars, well......that's different.

i know a guy blah blah blah.

i guess it must be true because of your 5 buddies. in fact, i propose your Ivy League theory should be a law.

BTW, do they allow mullets in Ivy League skools?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-12-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
oh, so personal experiences count only for YOU, but when arguing cars, well......that's different.

i know a guy blah blah blah.
Ahh...but I was told by several members here that having a degree from an Ivy league school guarantees you will make alot of money. There were no exceptions mentioned. So if having an ivy league degree guarantees you alot of money, or at least more than someone from a non-ivy school would make, how come both my friends who got their degrees from these "elite" schools are making less money than some people i know with no degrees at all?

Don't even try to tell me that my friends are idiots...they're not the ones who buy import cars because commercials tell them they're the best.

Quote:
i guess it must be true because of your 5 buddies. in fact, i propose your Ivy League theory should be a law.
You hate GM because of a handful of cars. Why can't I have issue with a particular school (or group thereof) because of a handful of people?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Hater

Quote:
Ahh...but I was told by several members here that having a degree from an Ivy league school guarantees you will make alot of money. There were no exceptions mentioned.
yes, its true, there are no exections, and that must be taken literally. an Ivy League degree guaratees you success and mad money - doesn't matter what your degree is in, or how good your grades are.

c'mon, use some common sense.

Quote:
So if having an ivy league degree guarantees you alot of money, or at least more than someone from a non-ivy school would make, how come both my friends who got their degrees from these "elite" schools are making less money than some people i know with no degrees at all?
your friends were idiots and got bad grades?

Quote:
Don't even try to tell me that my friends are idiots...they're not the ones who buy import cars because commercials tell them they're the best.
whoops! too late.

i know i bought my cars because i was teh hypmo-tized by ALL the Subaru commercials i see. they are all over the place - i can't even enjoy a TV program without being bombarded by WRX and Legacy commercials.

Quote:
You hate GM because of a handful of cars. Why can't I have issue with a particular school (or group thereof) because of a handful of people?

i don't hate GM, i just don't trust them, and they don't really make anything i would want to buy (except maybe a Z06 Corvette, and i can't afford it anyway, and would have to buy a winter support vehicle in addition to it.)

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Quote:
It would make sense if you had actually read my post. Go back and try it again, maybe you'll get it this time around.

Teacher, Mechanical Engineer and Pharmacist.

Whether the Chemical Engineer is worthless or not is irrelevant. He went to an Ivy League school so he was guaranteed to make 6 figures right?
Quote:
3 went to state schools, 2 went to Ivy League schools. Of the two that went to the Ivy schools, one got a Chemical Engineering degree, and one got a Political Science and Law degree. The one with the Chem degree spent three years applying and interviewing for jobs, all while paying over $500 a month toward student loans, then finally gave up and took a job as Operations Manager at Dorney Park (about $35k/year salary). The one with the Political Science/Law degree is now an outside rep for Shimano North America, and pulls in about $100k/year. Great salary, sure...only one problem...he could have done it right out of high school and saved $150g's. Of the three guys that went to state schools, they all got jobs in their field, and the lowest paid is making about $38k/year. The highest is making about $65k.
I don't read too good, but didn't you say that your friend the Political Science/Law degree graduate could have gotten the $100k/year job 'right out of high school and saved $150k'? I figured since whatever highschool your buddy went to could crank out such talent, I only want what's best for my child. Hell I'll even move up there to be Landshark's neighbor to send my kid there. $100k straight out of highschool is awesome dude.

Oh yeah, I'm a firm believer that if you're an idiot, then no matter where you go to school, your still and idiot with a nice piece of toilet paper.....like your friend the chemical engineer. Anyone with half a brain would be able to get a decent job coming out of one of those Ivy League schools. But you're right, it doesn't guarntee 6 figures....cause idiots aren't capable of scrubbing urinals.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM

Quote:
yes, its true, there are no exections, and that must be taken literally. an Ivy League degree guaratees you success and mad money - doesn't matter what your degree is in, or how good your grades are.
You're pointing this at the wrong person here. I'm not the one who said that a degree from an ivy league school guarantees you big money.

Quote:
I don't read too good, but didn't you say that your friend the Political Science/Law degree graduate could have gotten the $100k/year job 'right out of high school and saved $150k'? I figured since whatever highschool your buddy went to could crank out such talent, I only want what's best for my child. Hell I'll even move up there to be Landshark's neighbor to send my kid there. $100k straight out of highschool is awesome dude.
Quote:
Wow, Shadow. I'm impressed. I didn't know your friends could pass the bar right out of highschool. Dude that highschool must be something else. Can you please state the name so that we all may send our kids to that highschool?
About him being able to pass the bar right out of highschool. Problem is, his job has less than nothing to do with political science and/or law. Niether is needed to sell bicycle parts.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm a firm believer that if you're an idiot, then no matter where you go to school, your still and idiot with a nice piece of toilet paper.....like your friend the chemical engineer. Anyone with half a brain would be able to get a decent job coming out of one of those Ivy League schools.
Anyone with half a brain? You just excluded yourself

The fact is that a degree from one of those schools simply means you paid way too much for your education. You still have to go out and compete for a job just like everyone else does. The school will make it sound like employers roll out the red carpet and push all the other applicants aside when someone with a degree from their school applies. A great sales pitch apparently, cause it works. Problem is it's completely not true. If anything, it's harder to get a job with a highbrow degree because companies would rather pay the state school graduate $40k than pay the ivy graduate $60k. On top of that, if anyone with experience in the field shows up, you are SOL.

Quote:
But you're right, it doesn't guarntee 6 figures....cause idiots aren't capable of scrubbing urinals.
My point has been made.

Last edited by Shadow248; 10-12-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You're pointing this at the wrong person here. I'm not the one who said that a degree from an ivy league school guarantees you big money.
FYI: No one here said a degree from an Ivy League school guarantees you big money. They do however, teach you to comprehend what you read and ON AVERAGE the lifetime salaries of Ivy League school grads is nearly 20% higher than those who graduated from other private schools which in turn are on average 10% higher than grads. from 4 year state supported institutions. Which by the way I do have a degree or two from as well.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
FYI: No one here said a degree from an Ivy League school guarantees you big money. They do however, teach you to comprehend what you read...
HA...funny...that didn't seem to work for you.

(You want a battle of wits, you got one. Hope you're ready.)

Quote:
and ON AVERAGE the lifetime salaries of Ivy League school grads is nearly 20% higher than those who graduated from other private schools which in turn are on average 10% higher than grads. from 4 year state supported institutions.
Sure, I wouldn't argue that. However, does the chance of a 20% higher salary justify the 500% higher tuition? Not in my mind.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: