Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Angry Car not starting???

Hi all,

I had problem today, when my friends tried to jump start my car after 3 months. I know the battery will be dead, but its not even kicking in when they try to jump start. He is telling that even the dashboard lights are not even showing up. I sugested him to take out the battery and get it recharged fully and meanwhile try to start it with installing a new battery in it.

Do you guys have any idea wht might be other possible causes in these type of situations (car is sitting in the parking lot for 3 months without even starting)

-Pavan
Old 10-01-2005, 12:41 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Does anything in the car go on? I mean, do the dash lights and all that light up? (I'm sorry, I don't understand your post very well). If they do, maybe you have a dead starter...if you turn the key and it doesn't even crank or it like ticks..then it's probably the starter or the connections going to it.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Replace your battery and try to start it. Thats the only way you'll know if its the battery or something else.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 10-01-2005, 01:04 PM

Ok guys here you go,

the car is absolutely fine when i last used it and its even having new 4.44 tranny in from Tom[svxfiles]. When i moved to california on job search i left my car over there in dayton at my friends parking lot. From then [July 4 2005] till today Oct 1 2005] no one started it, except once my friend opened the car for some of my documents which i kept in my car and at tht time he kept the key in the ignition lock and just switched on for getting rid of security sound as he opened it using the key in the key lock without using the remote (as my remote is not working from long before, but i switched on the security system when i left it over there). At tht time he told tht security is working fine and even the dash lights showed up but when he tried to start it it didn't and all the lights dimmed (which tells that the battery is low at tht time). Today he is not even able to see the dash lights while he is trying to jump start.

Hope now you understand.

-Pavan
Old 10-01-2005, 03:28 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
If I'm not mistaken, in order for a jumpstart to work the battery must be able to hold a charge (even a small one). Maybe this battery is completely cooked...that could be why it won't start.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-01-2005, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
If I'm not mistaken, in order for a jumpstart to work the battery must be able to hold a charge (even a small one). Maybe this battery is completely cooked...that could be why it won't start.
Yep,,.. thts wht i am thinking for now and suggested my friend to change the battery and try to start. I will keep updated as soon as i get a feedback from my friend.

-Pavan.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Yep!.. u r right. It started just like tht as soon as new battery is installed. Now i have to recharge my fully drained out battery.

-Pavan