Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 PM
5.0_CJ

well... I got it finished, drove it home. The timing was a *****, just having to keep jumping teeth to adjust for when the tension went on, I think I have one of the cams a tooth off, but I was so tired I just tossed it together... I'll finish the rest tomorrow. Funny this is when I sat down to make this post, I realize I hadn't pulled the damn pin on the piston! jesus! thank god I made it back, I just went outside and pulled the pin.. the piston didnt move, just sits out about 1/4-1/8 inch.. I assume when the belt starts moving it will loosen it up and it will apply tension.

As for the car, it runs good, pulls nasty up top, pretty peppy car. I like the windows, I like the interior alot, especially all the suede. The seats are comfy, however my only complaint is I think I'm just too damn big for it, I'm 6'4" and my legs hit the wheel. It has 1 setting, too damn far down Alot more work to go on it, but not a bad car for 500 bucks!

one of the wheel bearings is hummin in the rear driverside, I'll need to replace that, hope it isn't too big of a *****.

I have the car in FWD mode right now for gas mileage.. I figure I'll pull the fuse tomorrow and see what shes got in AWD.

I think its a pretty good car, seems like it has a tight suspension. However, I think an opinon from someone else might be a little better since my daily driver is a 2000 corvette, I'm use to tight suspension and good acceleration. But until I get the new transaxle in the vette, I'm MORE than grateful to drive this around.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
...It has 1 setting, too damn far down Alot more work to go on it...
There are two controls for tilting, the one on the left side of the column that is marked tilt you already found. That one is used to go from the set point to all the way up and back to the set point, usefull for getting in and out of the car.

The other is a small black paddle on the bottom of the column in the center right about where the column meets the dash. That lever will set the tilt at other settings.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
do NOT drive the car with the FWD fuse in. it will burn out the diff or tranny in a matter of no time.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
i tend to twist the vice a good amount, relax for a few seconds and then go back to it. Works the best that way and I can still be lazy

Tom
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Ya, inserting the fuse for FWD won't save gas, this isn't an ancient pick-up truck.

Rear wheel bearing can be a pain if you have rust issues and don't follow proper procedures with the right tools. If you search here you'll find tons o' info.

I'm 6'4"+ and have no problem fitting inside. The tilt/telescope levers are a bit hidden.