SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
GS will probably be filled mostly with SVX's.

Any stock Legs will be in HS, or DS if it's a '05 GT.
1.8 and 2.2 Imp's will also fall into HS. OB's with the 2.5 stay in HS as well due to the sloppy suspension.

The 2.5 and tight suspension put the RS's into GS, but how many RS's are still stock.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
The 2.5 and tight suspension put the RS's into GS, but how many RS's are still stock.
Cool. I'm sure there will be a few "Bill-stock" RS's out there... I'd like to see SVXRide win the class though.

Hey Dave, I see that both you and Ben have entered a pearlie '92 in two different classes. Will the SVX racer qualify for both classes? Or are you guys bringing two white '92 SVXs?

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd

Hey Dave, I see that both you and Ben have entered a pearlie '92 in two different classes. Will the SVX racer qualify for both classes? Or are you guys bringing two white '92 SVXs?

-Chike

Come on Chike! Read the posts. I'm fairly certain I answered that! We have DIFFERENT numbers to put on the side . Seriously, we'll be running E prepared. They just don't have it listed on the site so I figured I'd scare Bill a bit .
Old 06-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Come on Chike! Read the posts. I'm fairly certain I answered that! We have DIFFERENT numbers to put on the side . Seriously, we'll be running E prepared. They just don't have it listed on the site so I figured I'd scare Bill a bit .
The SVX racer would do more than just scare Bill in GS...

Hey, as long as I don't come last and beat out one Impreza that day - I'll be happy!

-Chike

Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Dragon??

I think I do the "Dragon" everytime I come home from town. It is a 12 mile stretch of curvy paved road that goes up 1000 feet over the first 8 miles and then goes back down 500 feet with only one straight stretch of about a mile. Of course--going to town it is up 500 feet and then down 1000 feet for about 8 miles--so mostly downhill course going to town. (I can actually coast the 8 miles if I want to). So, I have fun everytime I drive one of mine.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Scared, hell....who do you think is going to be driving that beast of your's (at least for one run )?
-Bill
p.s. when are you going to post some recent pictures of your car? I'd settle for ones that are just in focus
p.p.s are my eyes playing tricks on me, or did you actually drive your first event of the year on a course that had snow on it?

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Scared, hell....who do you think is going to be driving that beast of your's (at least for one run )?
-Bill
p.s. when are you going to post some recent pictures of your car? I'd settle for ones that are just in focus
p.p.s are my eyes playing tricks on me, or did you actually drive your first event of the year on a course that had snow on it?
Pics just as soon as Hocrest puts 'em up. HINT HINT!

Of course that is snow. What do you think we're fair weather racers? We even went there with RWD. I'm sure it was good on the suspension!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:21 PM

And the list keeps growing...

...current entry list is now up to 27. I'm really looking forward to this meet in September. Hopefully, the SVXii will be able to make a good showing and get some respect!

-Chike

Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
...current entry list is now up to 27. I'm really looking forward to this meet in September. Hopefully, the SVXii will be able to make a good showing and get some respect!

-Chike
Chike,
Trust me, if I can find some "free" time (yeah, right.....) I plan on making the September event very interesting
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 07-03-2005, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Chike,
Trust me, if I can find some "free" time (yeah, right.....) I plan on making the September event very interesting
-Bill

Chike,

He better find that "honey, can I spend tonight in the garage time" just so he can keep up with the Hocrest's and Benebob's .... Or he could simply fund my Rabbit side project and get me busy on that .... Or he could simply steal the tranny out of the back of my PU so that I'd have to find another $30 awd tranny with 88k on the odo.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Chike,

He better find that "honey, can I spend tonight in the garage time" just so he can keep up with the Hocrest's and Benebob's .... Or he could simply fund my Rabbit side project and get me busy on that .... Or he could simply steal the tranny out of the back of my PU so that I'd have to find another $30 awd tranny with 88k on the odo.
LOL!

Ben, I'm sure your SVX racer and SVXRide's "ride" will represent our cars very well at this contest. You both have the expertise to pilot your modified cars efficiently around an autoX circuit.

I consider myself more of an 'enthusiast' autoXer - I've been to two driving clinics and participated in a few events over the years. However, I have a lot to learn and still make several stupid mistakes.

It's going to be a fun day!!!

-Chike

Old 07-03-2005, 09:03 PM

Quote:
LOL!

Ben, I'm sure your SVX racer and SVXRide's "ride" will represent our cars very well at this contest. You both have the expertise to pilot your modified cars efficiently around an autoX circuit.

I consider myself more of an 'enthusiast' autoXer - I've been to two driving clinics and participated in a few events over the years. However, I have a lot to learn and still make several stupid mistakes.

It's going to be a fun day!!!

-Chike
Just drive slow and sure, you'll be fine. That's the best advice you can get, besides, your car will love you more for it.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:27 PM
no limitation as limitation

yeah, you guys rep on the track while ill keep up the cool factor. nobody looks cooler standing next to a broken down car than me.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Chike,

He better find that "honey, can I spend tonight in the garage time" just so he can keep up with the Hocrest's and Benebob's .... Or he could simplyhttp://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=321498# fund my Rabbit side project and get me busy on that .... Or he could simply steal the tranny out of the back of my PU so that I'd have to find another $30 awd tranny with 88k on the odo.

Ben,
I thought your "Rabbit side project" was already keeping you very busy (sorry the wife wouldn't let you bring her to the Mason-Dixon meet)

Chike,
Mind to expand a little on the "driver's schools" you've attended?

-Bill (sensing that Chike is starting to sandbag us...)

My Locker
Old 07-04-2005, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Chike,
Mind to expand a little on the "driver's schools" you've attended?
Bill,

Nothing major, just two one day driving clinics that went over the basics of car control and ended with an autox competition at the end.

Trust me, there's no "sandbagging" going on. I'd go around a course focusing on the racing line and then srew up all my braking points...or vice versa. I just make dumb mistakes.

-Chike