SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 01:25 AM
_-DejaVu-_

Why I should have 5 sets of

KEYS.

When someone tells you they locked their keys in the car, you kinda laugh inside and say "What a dumb$#%" On conventional cars, you have to actually LOCK the car, then shut the door to lock the keys in. I've never had the keys locked in, until now.

I was SOOOO worried about this happening, that I actually left the door cracked, when I went into a store or something.

My car is having MAJOR electrical problems: it dies when I just drive down the street, when I put the car in Park it shuts off my radio, when I use my blinker, the tac. and speedometer go nuts!.

I went to warm up my car after work, and for the first time in a LONG time, I shut the door all the way. When I came out to the car a few minutes later, the headlights were dim as I try to open the door. NO such luck. I see that the dash lights are all on.
First, I went home to get the other key to my car, remembering I havn't seen it in like 4 months. They used to be in a special place, or IN MY CAR!!!!!
So I grab the other remote I had in the house. Come to find out, there isn't a battery in it!!!!!!! After searching for ANYONE with a damn battery for their car remote, by the time I got to my car it was too late It was dead. Can't use the remote if the car has no POWER!
After trying to kick in my back seat I came to the realization that I'm pretty much screwed and have to pay a locksmith to open the car. My battery will be dead and who else knows.
And whats worse, is I have to open Domino's tomorrow, and you can guess where the key is for the store

RRRRRRRRR

Deja
Old 11-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Why I should have 5 sets of

Quote:
Originally posted by _-DejaVu-_
KEYS.

When someone tells you they locked their keys in the car, you kinda laugh inside and say "What a dumb$#%" On conventional cars, you have to actually LOCK the car, then shut the door to lock the keys in. I've never had the keys locked in, until now.

I was SOOOO worried about this happening, that I actually left the door cracked, when I went into a store or something.

My car is having MAJOR electrical problems: it dies when I just drive down the street, when I put the car in Park it shuts off my radio, when I use my blinker, the tac. and speedometer go nuts!.

I went to warm up my car after work, and for the first time in a LONG time, I shut the door all the way. When I came out to the car a few minutes later, the headlights were dim as I try to open the door. NO such luck. I see that the dash lights are all on.
First, I went home to get the other key to my car, remembering I havn't seen it in like 4 months. They used to be in a special place, or IN MY CAR!!!!!
So I grab the other remote I had in the house. Come to find out, there isn't a battery in it!!!!!!! After searching for ANYONE with a damn battery for their car remote, by the time I got to my car it was too late It was dead. Can't use the remote if the car has no POWER!
After trying to kick in my back seat I came to the realization that I'm pretty much screwed and have to pay a locksmith to open the car. My battery will be dead and who else knows.
And whats worse, is I have to open Domino's tomorrow, and you can guess where the key is for the store

RRRRRRRRR

Deja
Man ! your story is like Mr Bean's (the comedian) they should make a movie out of it ! hey look, a trick for future, make a spare key for your car (a metal key not involving any plastic) this sort of key is very slim, and put it in your wallet (which stays on you at all times, mostly). if you forget your keys in your car, just grab your wallet, take out the key and laugh at all the others who are not using this clever method ! , no hard feeling but currently i am at you. when you use the trick i am telling you about we will both be at others !

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:44 AM
_-DejaVu-_

HAHA
The only real problem is, there is nothing that I always carry LOL not even a wallet. I donno!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
HAHA
The only real problem is, there is nothing that I always carry LOL not even a wallet. I donno!
Man ! you're hopeless !! try to change the way you live a little bit ! and take care more often of your car !!

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:50 AM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Poor Deja!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 11-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Remember that if you have the key number or vin, if you go to the dealership, you can have them cut a key for you.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 11-29-2004, 07:00 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Look on your rear 1/4 window. There will be a barcode with X1234 etc on it. That is your keycode.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
GJSVX

hmmm, i dunno about every one elses svx but with my 92 you cant lock they keys in...everytime the door shuts the locks unlock, so you have to re-lock it when all the doors are closed...
Old 11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Wierd SVX

Hi Deja, I know you don't want to hear this, but you probably have a bad alternator. When all the dash lights come on while the car is running it is the alternator kiss of death. The good news is that it will probably fix all the little quirks that have been bothering you for a while. When My alternator craped I just got a rebuilt from Subaru and gave them the old unit. Isn't technology grand? Sometimes Take care, BOBB
Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Look on your rear 1/4 window. There will be a barcode with X1234 etc on it. That is your keycode.
whoa whoa whoa, are you serious? Anyone could get into your car!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA

whoa whoa whoa, are you serious? Anyone could get into your car!
I kid you not. Ihave seen it on every SVX i've owned so far.

Want a pic?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:48 PM
THAWA

please
Old 11-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
hehe, waiiiiiiiiit !!! I am coming to the States ! (I wanna steal every living SVX I can find, they are mine ..... ALL MINE !!! )

Old 11-30-2004, 12:32 AM
_-DejaVu-_

I had the Alt. rebuild last winter(Around the same time)
It kept acting up, and I had them REcheck everything, and they said the Battery AND Alt. were working right.(That was last year)
The dash lights were on, because the car had died.
But they do come on at funny times. I think it's an electrical short......

The conclusion to my lovely story.
I went to work this morning and the driver I was working with, had to get her tired fixed before she could go anywhere. I took my moms old Turbo Subaru to work.
The locksmith did get my car open, and we tried like hell to jump it. It didn't do anything. So, we couldn't use my car, OR her car(was in the shop by then) I HAD to take my moms car to deliver pizza to a school(GOD I LOOOOOVE MY JOB)
We noticed something leaking out of my moms Sub. I thought it was the oil, so I called EVERYONE I know to see if I can borrow a car to take the pizzas in. There was no one that could help. SO>>>>>I took my moms car anyhow.(You must think I'm stupid, but you don't know what the school lunch pizzas mean to my boss..) I didn't have a choice but to take her car.

Come to find out, it was tranny fluid and I probably owe my mother $2,000 for a new tranny. When my dad got to the car, there wasn't any tran. fluid in the car.

What had happend was the tranny hose was old, and just broke.

I don't know what to do, or say. I feel so bad that I work with a bunch of assholes that you can't depend on. And I hate my boss because I know he would have probably fired me or made me pay him money for the loss of pizzas.
So, I got screwed once again.

I have my own car trouble, now I might have to pay $2,000 for my moms car.

Lovely F-ing time

Deja
Old 11-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
I had the Alt. rebuild last winter(Around the same time)
It kept acting up, and I had them REcheck everything, and they said the Battery AND Alt. were working right.(That was last year)
The dash lights were on, because the car had died.
But they do come on at funny times. I think it's an electrical short......

The conclusion to my lovely story.
I went to work this morning and the driver I was working with, had to get her tired fixed before she could go anywhere. I took my moms old Turbo Subaru to work.
The locksmith did get my car open, and we tried like hell to jump it. It didn't do anything. So, we couldn't use my car, OR her car(was in the shop by then) I HAD to take my moms car to deliver pizza to a school(GOD I LOOOOOVE MY JOB)
We noticed something leaking out of my moms Sub. I thought it was the oil, so I called EVERYONE I know to see if I can borrow a car to take the pizzas in. There was no one that could help. SO>>>>>I took my moms car anyhow.(You must think I'm stupid, but you don't know what the school lunch pizzas mean to my boss..) I didn't have a choice but to take her car.

Come to find out, it was tranny fluid and I probably owe my mother $2,000 for a new tranny. When my dad got to the car, there wasn't any tran. fluid in the car.

What had happend was the tranny hose was old, and just broke.

I don't know what to do, or say. I feel so bad that I work with a bunch of assholes that you can't depend on. And I hate my boss because I know he would have probably fired me or made me pay him money for the loss of pizzas.
So, I got screwed once again.

I have my own car trouble, now I might have to pay $2,000 for my moms car.

Lovely F-ing time

Deja

hahahahahaaaaaaa a Mr Bean Movie !!!! for sure you are not serious !!!! is that a Movie ?