Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Tired

Hard start and other stuff fixed.

Praise report…

When my car would sit for an hour or so after driving, it would have a hard time “firing up”. It acted as if it was flooded. I then began to have problems with it backfiring, rough idle, and the feeling as if it were running on 5 cylinders (intermittent). Meanwhile my auto seatbelt went south.

I took it to several places in the area and found a guy that felt confident he could fix it. Turned out that 4 of the 6 injectors were leaking and one of the coil packs was not putting out full strength.

I wasn’t sure about him at first but he did a great job. Runs like a new car. It must have been sick for a while and not getting full horsepower. I feel like its gain about 40hp.

The fix… 6 new injectors and one new coil. A little over $600 for the injectors and $80 for the coil pack. He charged around $480. All this isn’t cheap but I don’t plan on doing anything major for a while and I had been saving up.

The seatbelt is another issue and that will be another post.

This morning was great. Listening to Pat Metheney and driving my “Bat Car”.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Re: Hard start and other stuff fixed.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX JAZZ
A little over $600 for the injectors and $80 for the coil pack. He charged around $480.
I am happy your SVX is running good now, however if I well understood this guy charged you $480 to install injectors and replace the coil pack? Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but an injector replacement job shouldn't take more than one or two hours at the most, I am not sure about the coil pack. Assuming your mechanic charges the average $70 per hour rate, it looks like it took him almost seven hours to complete the job. That sounds like a looong time, are you sure you haven't paid for his lunch and smoke breaks as well?

Regards,

Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)
Old 11-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Tired

He did other things

He did several other things. Serviced plugs fule filter etc... I also had him test my sensors such as crank, cam, etc and get back with me on how they read out. He made a few adjustments to the throttle body as well. Realy drives like new.