Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
2nd SVX I saw was one that was only a month or so old. The owner let a friend "test" it at Atlantic Motor Sport Park. (If you follow super bike you can see the track on Speed Channel) The guy was utterly impressed with how the car handled. I first heard of it from a body shop where they were giving a quote to rebuild the wreck. He rolled it, but was impressed none the less.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
ou2mame

you know, i can't say i'm not glad i sold my svx... honestly. if my mom was alive, and told me to sell it, and i didn't, i'd feel like an ass right about now. but my dad picked it up for me, and i never saw it untill it was sitting in my driveway...contemplating WHEN it was going to lose a few gears. thank god it picked upstate ny (i live in long island), on a lonely mountain road......thank god. i don't know what i would have done if i didn't have that 2 and a half hour drive in second gear to think about which way i'd start the fire to collect the insurance money...but thankfully for the friend i sold it to, it made it to the tranny shop, where they rebuilt it and i sold it. of course, 5000 miles on the transmission, and an owner change later, he's paying 2k for the same thing i did. yeah, them were the days........sell it while you can. for the money you're going to pay in repairs, you could own something new. maybe not as "sexy", and "exotic", but hey, who needs a daily driver. invest in a nice bicycle. and a wagon, to pull the parts you're gonna have to buy.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:29 AM

Thumbs up I love this forum

Look he wanted a subaru svx and he got one. I wanted one and got one, all of yall wanted a subaru and got one. Don't rain on his parade, he'll love his car just as we do and who's to say that if he went and got a civic or something that it wouldn't breakdown as soon as he got insurance on it. I love reading what people have to say about these cars, but don't yall love how people look at you at the stoplights and on highways etc. Don't deny him that please. With that being said welcome young man to a car that has its own forum on the internet ahahah how many civic owners can say that.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Thumbs up Same with me....

Quote:
Originally posted by chitownsvx,
Look he wanted a subaru svx and he got one. I wanted one and got one, all of yall wanted a subaru and got one.
it is the same with me also... I also bought my SVX against the willing of my sister (mainly) and parents (partially). But now, they are all cool and agreed upon my decision, as i convinced them atlast. Anyway i can do anything to get a Subaru.

Pavan.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:42 PM

well let me say this iam new too i just purchased an svx, this forum is the best kept secret to svx owners i mean i have saved 1000s!!! seriously doing the work myself i have had it for a few months and the first thing to go was the wheel bearings next it smokes from the right side of the engine bay still havnt figured that out yet its on the thing to do list but to get back to the subject i think its a great car its expensive to maintain i admit that my wallet has taken a hit but the big but its worth it its a reliable car it turns heads its very rare where i live and i use it as a commuter!!! i say keep the car know what your getting into and be responsible!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:44 AM

Quote:
originally posted by calisvx,
....next it smokes from the right side of the engine bay....
it seems mine is also doin like tht only, but not form the engine....from the right chimney..... plz lemme know if u figured out something for this....

Pavan.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:49 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by calisvx
well let me say this iam new too i just purchased an svx, this forum is the best kept secret to svx owners i mean i have saved 1000s!!! seriously doing the work myself i have had it for a few months and the first thing to go was the wheel bearings next it smokes from the right side of the engine bay still havnt figured that out yet its on the thing to do list but to get back to the subject i think its a great car its expensive to maintain i admit that my wallet has taken a hit but the big but its worth it its a reliable car it turns heads its very rare where i live and i use it as a commuter!!! i say keep the car know what your getting into and be responsible!
Can you say run on sentence?
Old 10-17-2004, 06:07 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Yes, I can.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 10-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Paxton71

Smoke on right = power steering line

Take a look at the low and high pressure power steering lines on the right. I bet that the low pressure line is cracked and leaking, causing your smoke.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:55 AM

Hi Paxton71,

see my baby is smoking more from the right exhaust compared with the left exhaust....is this normal to all SVXes.. or is it worng with the power steering as u told... or is there something wrong in the distribution inside the engine.....

ok ok..let me again check clearly and let u know...

thanks,
pavan.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:16 PM

Hmm,... after a careful observation for 5-6 times , i came to see more smoke from right exhaust rather than from left exhaust and i can say the ratio of occuring as 3:1 (normal:right).

any observations?..
Old 10-19-2004, 12:22 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by ou2mame
you know, i can't say i'm not glad i sold my svx... honestly. if my mom was alive, and told me to sell it, and i didn't, i'd feel like an ass right about now. but my dad picked it up for me, and i never saw it untill it was sitting in my driveway...contemplating WHEN it was going to lose a few gears. thank god it picked upstate ny (i live in long island), on a lonely mountain road......thank god. i don't know what i would have done if i didn't have that 2 and a half hour drive in second gear to think about which way i'd start the fire to collect the insurance money...but thankfully for the friend i sold it to, it made it to the tranny shop, where they rebuilt it and i sold it. of course, 5000 miles on the transmission, and an owner change later, he's paying 2k for the same thing i did. yeah, them were the days........sell it while you can. for the money you're going to pay in repairs, you could own something new. maybe not as "sexy", and "exotic", but hey, who needs a daily driver. invest in a nice bicycle. and a wagon, to pull the parts you're gonna have to buy.
Yeah thats true but any car will break if not taken care off. People have said its just a matter of time. But you never know whats going to happen with any car ya get. New or used any car is prone to have problems. My mom bought a 98 camry brand new and it came out of the factory with defective strut mounts. Car is an absolute lemon and its a toyota! SVX requires alot of patience and if you wanna own one then u need to have money saved all the time. But i would suggest that with any car.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 10-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
It doesn't matter which side more exhaust comes out of. This is no indication if one bank of cylinders is not firing correctly.

There's only one input to the muffler and since we know the muffler is not symmetric it's normal to see more smoke coming out of one side. In fact you will probably find that one side is noisier than the other.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:15 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

YES! i have noticed that my left exhaust tip is louder than the right one is. Thats where athe noise i been talkin about comes from.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network