How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 11:32 AM

cv joint ok/tranny issues

I went to autozone for a cv joint and replaced it with no issues,so after warming up the svx I put in R,N,D,D3,D2,D1, and back to park and thats when I heard what didn't sound nice,its like the tranny is stuck in neutral.The car won't move,this is what happen my cv joint failed about two miles from home friday night so I had my wife steer the car while I pulled it with my truck at no more than 20mph,but I think I should have had the car off,but it was running and in neutral so my wife would have power brakes,any suggestions about where to start I'm about to pull the tranny out soon,it can't be broke because it has withstood several 100-125 shots of zex with no issues until now.I am puzzled.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Just a suggestion, your posts are easier to read if you split them into more sentences and press enter a couple times.

As for your issue, it sounds as though the front differential may have decided to give up. Do you have access to another tranny? It would be easier to replace the tranny and then fix the bad one to keep as a spare.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 PM

trannys ok

Well after putting the car on a lift,I now see my problem.The cv joint wasn't completely installed so that should solve my problem.Thanks anyway