How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Gas Prices!

Damn it Randy, I guess I should have clicked on your http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm link.

I have quite a bit of data that was mentioned there on snoops and then some to prove that it wouldn't work . Pretty little line graphs with lots of colors as well as the import statistics from each oil company and the price per barrel for the past 30 years from a relatively reputable source that I would not disclose in hopes that Mr. Robert would try to argue that I was wrong, but since you already put it out there, I won't bother.

Interesting, found this website, these guys probably came up with that email that Greg got.

http://www.pacificenvironment.org/stopexxonmobil/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to oil prices. The price will go up and eventually the price will go down, then up, then down, up, down, up, down, up, down.

Sidewinder seems to have a grasp of current events that will lead to the increase or decrease of oil prices. Randy and Sidewinder's got it down with the dogs that hunt and derricks that bark.

and if venezuela doesn't like it, we should go invade them too .
Old 03-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gas Prices!

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I fully agreed. If they have the same talent, they should always hire the people at home.
but only if they are cheaper or demands the same pay as the foreign counterparts. i love good, cheap labor.

exploitation, the only way to profit!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder
It's sad, cause these problems now are going to be my generation's problems in several years. It pisses me off when you get these people who want to use everything now and forget what happens tomorrow. These short-sighted fools are going to ruin a lot.
Get use to it Eric. Welcome to Earth! Humanity at it's best!
Old 03-08-2004, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Please shutup. The gas pumps have nothing to do with our President. Here in madison, I'm constantly bombarded with "Bush is the anti-christ! Oh bush is responsible for everything bad in this country! Wahh! I'm a liberal! I like Kerry! I don't have a reason for liking Kerry, I just know he isn't Bush so i'm going to vote for Kerry!"

UGH. Give it a rest. You go right ahead and vote for the jiggilo Kerry. But please keep stupid comments like that to yourself.

- Rob
Now, now Mr. Robert. Greg was just stating his shortsighted opinion. We are allowed that right?

BTW a few points -

Bush is not the anti-christ, I am.
Bush is not responsible for everything bad in this country, we all are.
Wahh - Bahh
I do have a reason for liking Kerry, I think this basically sums it up in a nutshell.
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebri...den-parrot.php
Old 03-08-2004, 04:50 PM

one more post count for me, none for you . no apparent reason for post other than for padding count. go figure.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Gas?

Hi everyone, SS is pay as you go, so the money they take out today is paying for someone who has already retired. If your still working you have no money built up. you get credits as to how long you worked when you retire. Don't blame the gas co's They are just passing on the price increase from OPEC. There was a story on the news about a guy in Cleveland who was an IT guy for BP and made about $80,000 Plus. He is layed off and a guy from India making less than $10,000 is taking his job and the guy had to train his replacement! Working at Burger Biggie will not buy a new car , buy a house, or put much food on the table. Take care, BOBB

Last edited by Bobb; 03-08-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:31 PM

Re: Gas?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobb
Hi everyone, SS is pay as you go, so the money they take out today is paying for someone who has already retired. If your still working you have no money built up. you get credits as to how long you worked when you retire. Don't blame the gas co's They are just passing on the price increase from OPEC. Ther was a story on the news about a guy in Cleveland who was an IT guy for BP and made about $80,000 Plus. He is layed off and a guy from India making less than $10,000 is taking his job and the guy had to train his replacement! Working at Burger Biggie will not buy a new car , buy a house, or put much food on the table. Take care, BOBB
lmao!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:10 PM
greg

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
If it would work, I'd boycott, but, unfortunately, it won't --

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm

Meanwhile, I continue to pay 1.87 per gallon, the cheapest I've found (Ashland brand -- A Kentucky born and bred product -- also makers of Valvoline). If prices continue to rise, I'll have to get a Justy to drive my 80 mile round trip commute.

As much as people would like to tag "Dubya" with oil prices, sorry, that's one dog that won't hunt. You're barking up the wrong derek.

As for "welcome to the real world," if I wanted to pay higher prices, I'd move to Europe. I don't. That's why I live in 'Merca. I'll keep my freedom, thankyaverymuch and my right to piss and moan about the government, gas prices and all else.
Thank you for the info Randy, That is why I started this thread was to find out if there was any truth to this and see if it was worth the time energy or application. I still wish I knew of a way to help our gas prices out. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for the valued input guys,
~G
Old 03-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

Get use to it Eric. Welcome to Earth! Humanity at it's best!

"And in a related news item today", it's reported that within three decades China's industrial emissions will nearly be as much as the entire rest of the planet! Whew, & I thought the smog was bad in Mexico City. But, ya gotta' love democracy & capitalism amongst a billion once healthy bike riders. Give'm Bimmers & they'll soon be outsourcing auto parts manufacturing to the exploited, pedal pushing peasant workers in New Hampshire. All this under the heading of, "Be careful of what you ask for......"

Ron (How can you keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen 0-60 in six seconds)?

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb
I recall too well asking the attendant (who also checked the oil and cleaned the glass) to fill my Galaxie's 22-gallon tank, and it wouldn't hold ten dollars' worth.
dcb

Yep, that woulda been me (the attendant, I mean).

My Dad used to pull up to the pump and say, "A dollar's worth of Ethyl" which would get the family car through the week. I was a very young lad at that time. Since we always went to the same service station and always, for some reason, got the same attendant, I thought my Dad was saying, "A dollar's worth, Ethel." I never could understand how any self-respecting mother could name her son "Ethel."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Ethel

Hi Randy, Ethel/Ethyl had a brother named Sue and the family car was a car named Su. Take care, BOBB
Old 03-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Gas Prices!

Quote:
Originally posted by shelfy
we don't have exxon/mobil in colorado. our big guy is conoco, who generally initiates all the big price increases in denver. the other big guys are shell/texaco and philips66. i generally go for the small guys (bradley/sinclair). they almost always have the best price in my area for premium fuel, currently $1.869.
Just a note on Sinclair... I work for the Company.. All of our oil is domestic..

Just thought you should know...
And it's all I put in my car....
You know that the reason is, you get a discount mitch......

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I look like Gordon

When I look at the price of a gallon of gasoline, I can't help but think it is way too low.

It is my opinion that you need to look at the overall cost to all of us when you evaluate something like this. In fact, I would argue that by paying an artificially low price for gasoline, you and I are helping to put more ridiculous monster SUVs on the roads. If the price of gas more accurately included the costs of road maintenance, environmental clean-up, maintaining a massive military to protect our global energy interests, etc, then the amount of money we individually paid towards these costs would be more directly impacted by the choices we EACH make about what to drive, where to drive, etc.

Right now, the person who carpools, or uses our pathetic public transportation system, or makes other decisions to reduce his fuel usage pays basically the same amount in federal, state, and local income taxes towards the costs I've outlined above as the person who drives their Hummer 100 miles round trip to work everyday, by themselves. To me, at least, that doesn't seem fair. I am not saying I want more taxes, just that existing taxes and costs be more accurately tied to the things that make them necessary.

Just my opinion, and another way of looking at the issue.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:59 AM

That, rufus, is one of the reasons the fuel costs nearly $5/G in Sweden ....

Like my father use to say: Soon the gasoline gonna cost what it is worth ....

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 03-09-2004, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

"And in a related news item today", it's reported that within three decades China's industrial emissions will nearly be as much as the entire rest of the planet! Whew, & I thought the smog was bad in Mexico City. But, ya gotta' love democracy & capitalism amongst a billion once healthy bike riders. Give'm Bimmers & they'll soon be outsourcing auto parts manufacturing to the exploited, pedal pushing peasant workers in New Hampshire. All this under the heading of, "Be careful of what you ask for......"

Ron (How can you keep 'em down on the farm, after they've seen 0-60 in six seconds)?
Destroy the planet, take no prisoners. I should be newly dead before the pollution travels to the redneck state of Georgia. Now what would suck is if I believed in that Buddhist reincarnation jumbo. Then we'd all be really screwed. Someone give me a bible please. I don't want to come back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: