How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-19-2004, 09:05 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

What they are capable of

What could the resurrected SVX look like? The Subaru B-9 Scrambler!! It's Subaru's hybrid concept roadster- part WRX, part SVX, part M-3, ALL SUBARU!!

It's a green- friendly car with subaru agility and performance specs that rival many performance sports cars. Their first attempt at a convertible (of course the concept actually has no roof at all). Only 2 seats, and all class!

Any SVX fan can easily see SVX heritage in this car!

If you want to push for a next generation SVX, push for the B-9. Forget Subaru's past mistakes- they have. (OK, OK maybe not a technological mistake, but clearly a marketing and profitability mistake!)

I'd love to see the next generation!!

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...py?artid=18225

Enjoy!!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:28 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: What they are capable of

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter
What could the resurrected SVX look like? The Subaru B-9 Scrambler!! It's Subaru's hybrid concept roadster- part WRX, part SVX, part M-3, ALL SUBARU!!

It's a green- friendly car with subaru agility and performance specs that rival many performance sports cars. Their first attempt at a convertible (of course the concept actually has no roof at all). Only 2 seats, and all class!

If you want to push for a next generation SVX, push for the B-9. Forget Subaru's past mistakes- they have. (OK, OK maybe not a technological mistake, but clearly a marketing and profitability mistake!)

Enjoy!!

B9, I love, B11S I hate.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-20-2004, 05:54 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Re: What they are capable of

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

B9, I love, B11S I hate.
I like the B-9.....I like the B11s too....if they'd do something about the front bumper
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 02-20-2004, 06:09 AM

Re: What they are capable of

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter

Enjoy!!

The front end styling, in a word:

Edsel.

dcb
Old 02-20-2004, 07:15 AM

operation rebirth

It looks like some of the old ideas of power, looks, eye candy glitz have still been used. But the front end. YUCK ... speaking of the B 11's

It's pure evil vile ugliness.

Will there ever be a true re Built SVX? I kinda doubt it.

COULD Subaru Do it and make money? limited edition run Maybe.

I don't know the entire IN's and out's of production or what it takes to refit a plant to produce another SVX. Since it is Very different in so many aspects to other lines, to make/produce the parts would be a HUGE undertaking. I'm thinking at least 2 years. Then there are all the NEW regulations of DOT, and EPA, considerable time & resources would have to be devoted.

That would take away from their Current projects. even though I don't really like the WRX it has some admirable points. It's making Subaru money as well as the Outback's and Legacy, which is still a legacy continued.
I hate to say this but common sense says Subaru is still working on keeping it's HOLD where it has it. Venturing off from what has proven to WORK. scares them. Unless they have the resources, funding, time, $$$$ it is possible........

Subaru Now has some really big Fish to play with and Being small fish in BIG pond comes to mind here.
Lexus has now proven it's worthiness and is a Very stable, reliable and not going anywhere contender.
Infinity - they've gotten better with Age.
NSX is still made (thankfully) I want one so bad.
Audi
Toyota
BMW
All of these companies are doing some Booming business.
It would be a much better idea to run a limited production run.
Keep it SVX and the window design. Cause after all that is it's double look feature, next to the lines and stance.

I can't help but feel back at the 10th Anniversary, During a private little walk about the parking lot at 6o am, you can't exactly say the car was a mistake. Or deny it's beauty.
The sight of seeing a whole parking lot of SVX's.. Had to leave an impression. I like several of Larry's ideas.
Going for power, technology and amenities. COMFY Larry I like it.
the gull wing was a Very interesting idea.

I always felt the SVX was Way ahead of the game in many areas
I didn't think about it, but it was true, back in the early 90's 2 doors were in shorter numbers. 4 doors and SUV's took over.
not to mention 36k for a Subaru was unheard of in 92.

Toyota has so many models supporting them, the Camry is used in several and has been it's Bread winner by leaps and bounds year after year for 10 years.
Subaru has made a large dent but still small by comparison.

I saw recently where someone mentioned that Subaru had paid to renew it's trademark name SVX. Which says it may be used again. MAYBE.... I won't bank on just yet.. I would love to see a NEW rebirth of this car we are all rather crazy about.

Aredub, Larry, Seraph make good points that like the beauty of our cars, something's cannot be ignored. This group has voiced several times how it would like to see another SVX. We can always hope. And enjoy...... what we have ... as well as what's to come from Subaru.
They are not down for the count or done with this segment of the luxury GT market. JUST so whatever comes Next do something with that UGLY front end on the B11s. Shoot it , kill it, burn it quick. the rest of the car is kinda nice..

SVX1999
Old 02-20-2004, 08:14 AM

Re: operation rebirth

Quote:
Originally posted by svx1999

Subaru Now has some really big Fish to play with and Being small fish in BIG pond comes to mind here.
Lexus has now proven it's worthiness and is a Very stable, reliable and not going anywhere contender.
Infinity - they've gotten better with Age.
NSX is still made (thankfully) I want one so bad.
Audi
Toyota
BMW

You do know that Toyota and Lexus are the same, Honda and Acura etc...

I love the way these people play with names. I once had a big argument over a Honda Integra. The guy got really pissed that I called it a Honda. Everywhere in the world, it's marketed as Honda Integra. Only in the US since they know they can make more money so they decided to go with Acura.

Morons. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by svx1999

I saw recently where someone mentioned that Subaru had paid to renew it's trademark name SVX. Which says it may be used again. MAYBE.... I won't bank on just yet.. I would love to see a NEW rebirth of this car we are all rather crazy about.
Subaru if they renew it is because they are required to make parts for that car till 2007. As far as FHI/SOA is concerned, they have no intension of bringing the car back.

Even if they did, what are the chances of bringing back a car that good looking? Window in window feature is a must. Without that, it's not a SVX.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k

Last edited by Seraph; 02-20-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:11 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i'd like to point out, to the person that compared subaru in 91 to kia of today and asked if people would buy a 30k+ kia... kia makes a 30k+ car, the amanti, w/ full options it is over 30,000 and i've seen several on the road, ugly as the car is

i think the only reason to renew the trademark is so someone doesn't go out and make another svx
Old 02-21-2004, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
i'd like to point out, to the person that compared subaru in 91 to kia of today and asked if people would buy a 30k+ kia... kia makes a 30k+ car, the amanti, w/ full options it is over 30,000 and i've seen several on the road, ugly as the car is

i think the only reason to renew the trademark is so someone doesn't go out and make another svx

I pointed it out. Would you go and buy that 30k kia?

FHI could careless who makes a car with the name SVX. Look at Landrover. They have a SVx (if I recall).
Old 02-21-2004, 03:25 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
i heard on the radio last week that the average price for a new car is $30,000. that loot doesn't go as far as it did in '92. the Amanti is just an 'averaged' priced car today. (although a butt-ugly mix of MB and Jaguar styling - yech!)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-21-2004, 09:20 AM

Re: Re: operation rebirth

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Subaru if they renew it is because they are required to make parts for that car till 2007. As far as FHI/SOA is concerned, they have no intension of bringing the car back.

Even if they did, what are the chances of bringing back a car that good looking? Window in window feature is a must. Without that, it's not a SVX.
well that makes sense about the parts.. Yes I know Honda is a acura and Lezus is toyota. that was sorta my point all the other companies have several other names bringing in Cash flow, which Subaru just has a few. FHI has it's fingers in lots of things.

Amanti is a riced version of several cars. different styles.. yeah it has options but 30k and Kia.. hmmm NO......

Or the Dawoo's.

SVX1999