SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter
We should set up an SVX cruise there!!

Yeah, it's about time I saw some SVX other than my own.

Georgia 52 between Ellijay and Chatsworth (over Fort Mountain) is another totally decent route for a north Gerogia ride.

dcb
Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
130ish. It had more, but after about 115 it creeps up a lot slower than 30-100... I ran out of straight road. I need to find a nice long straight one, with no traffic... I'd like to see what it tops out at.

- Rob
Old 02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

I've got a place in Suches...

This could have possibilities
Old 02-03-2004, 01:00 AM
DamN

i've gotten mine up to 155+ on 280.....very scary...will never do it again.....(unless on a track)
Old 02-03-2004, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter
I've got a place in Suches...

This could have possibilities
Weekend place? That's a pretty good haul from Americus. I live about 45 minutes from Suches. Other SVXs in this neck of the woods?

dcb
Old 02-03-2004, 02:41 PM

I had my 92 LS-L up to 150 mph on the QEW in Canada (bet. St. Cath & Hamilton)...... I travel that way often..... There are only a few highways in the USA I would attempt that. My tires weren't Z rated...BUT I had checked my tires before I tried to push it....To my friend in NYC who got it up to 120 mph on......THE BELT PKWY..... you must be seeking to be an......ORGAN DONOR......!!!!!!! I grew up in Queens & Bklyn and used to street race on the Conduit, Fountain ave. I have a laundry list of friends and assoc. who are no longer with us attemping what you survived. Go to the TRACK (Englishtown maybe!) before you wake up in a Funeral Home telling someone don't take that out of me....BUT....you can't move and they can't hear you!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:06 PM

But guys....you have it all wrong...!!!!

It is not the SPEED that kills !!!! ... it's those sudden stops that kill..!!!

So, the golden rule is: IF YOU ARE GOING REALLY FAST, DON'T STOP !!!

Serious, we don't seem to have the same culture regarding speed, at least not from where I am from.

I don't even think I dare to post my speed drills here.... ..you probably rank me as an lier or totally insane ...

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-03-2004, 03:12 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

You guys should have been at Reading 4 last year... SubaFreak and I raced back to the hotel... Him in his 5 speed SVX and me in the 2001 Mazda Miata SE 6 speed... I had a good run with him, but that thing topped out at 138mph at 6,650rpm in 6th gear... there apparently is an electronic cut of when it is in 6th gear... won't let it go all the way to redline... Well to say the least the little 1.8ltr that was in the miata had ZERO torque!!! So SubaFreak's SVX was able to accelerate right by me as I'm struggling with the gears trying to keep that little 4 banger in it's sweet spot (4,800 - 6,800).... stayed on his tail though all the way to 138, then he started leaving me behind... Oh well, this year it'll be a little more even since I'll have my SVX there and we both have 5 speed tranny's with 3.90 final drives... The only diffrence will be weight and exhaust and intake...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-03-2004, 03:13 PM

Post them Sonar... I'm courious...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-03-2004, 03:31 PM

I don't really know if I want to....you see...I'm 44 years old, and in the whole my life, speed has been a central thing....causing many more or less foolish stunts.

But let us put it this way, going 200mph on the rearwheel on my Haybusa turbo (330WHP) on the highway is nothing special really.....

Most of my friends are "speed lunitics" , and many ppl that I know about are real maniacs, like Mike for instance, 370km/h (also a Hayabusa turbo, racing a "Super Blackbird" turbo) on autobahn then the tires starts to loosing air, so he backed off....

Not to mention the famous "Getaway in Stockholm" movies, made by "Ghostrider" .... many speed maniacs in Sweden there are...

/Sonny

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-03-2004, 04:06 PM

Was that Hyabusa yours??? I saw a vid on the internet of a guy in black that had a turbo hyabusa... The thing was almost sickening to watch the speedo climb faster than my RPM's do when I'm saunching in 1st gear!!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 04:08 PM

Dude if that was you I have to give ya my buddies e-mail address!!! He drools over that bike all the time... Also I've seen the getaway in stockholm parts 1, 2, and 3... I liked 2 the best...

Old 02-03-2004, 04:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
In the Road & Track road test of the '92 SVX they had 156 mph as the top speed. From '94 on, the cars were electronically limited to 143 mph. These top speeds are for USA SVXes. I have no idea what the top speeds are for the Asian & European models.

When my '97 was relatively new ( approx. 10k miles), I took it up to speed. I reached 137 mph on the speedo before I had to slow down quickly because of the state police. That is how I warped the front rotors.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:52 PM

No, it's not mine, I probably have seen that vid (and many other vids also).

And my wife gave me an ultimatum (after a ride in 260km/h and she tought we never passed 130km/h ) , either that suicide machine goes, or I go !!
I tried with: -but my frinds also have Hayabusa turbos.....but no understandig there, -you have a wife and 4 kids you moron ...she said....

So I sold it, and bought a Kawasaki 1200 (I call it KawaBusa ) instead. (wonder how it would react to SC ... )

There is like a couple of Hayabusa turbos here, and Honda SuperBlackbird turbos, maybe 100 in Sweden I guess, any nowadays (when MC-express is exporting the turbo kits to US), there are numerous of thoose there to.

But, hell, yes....passing 200mph is easy... ..and the feeling when you cruise at 150mph and press the trigger....it nearly tears your arms off..!!!!

/Sonny

Old 02-03-2004, 05:08 PM

I'm sure that my -92 SVX has no rev limiter at 143mph, because (this was another foolish thing!) I was racing my friends Porsche 911 wich he claimed was capable of 260km/h GPS measured speed.

I was in the front and he was like a snake on my back (1 meter or 1.5 behind me) , we where pushing the cars to the limits and I had about 10km/h better than before on my speedo ,275km/h and GPS 267km/h, and he was RIGHT AT MY TAIL (1-1.5m apart in 267km/h....one misfire in my SVX, and he had crashed into me!)

At that time I really believed that the SVX actually WAS that fast, and that I have "dragged" the 911 to this speed, 7km/h higher that hes claim.

But I later realized that this was not true, the fact is that YES I "dragged" him to a higher speed that he alone could reach, but he also PUSHED me to a higher speed than I could normally reach!!

This theory is confirmed by my racing buddies, and is widely used in racing.

So the question remains, how fast can I go WITHOUT this "help"?

My guess is around 257-260km/h (approx. 160mph), but it remains to prove

/Sonny