Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-14-2003, 06:48 AM
Unstoppable

Ok, number 1- Best Quarter mile for the Easy street WRX is 9.60@144.7mph, and it has somewhere around 740 HP. It also does so with a full interior.

number 2.- This argument is really pointless. He is a domestic driver. He will never have any respect for imports, no matter if they are a beefed up sedan or a full out supercar. Even if there was a Sti that ran 6 seconds with a stock interior, he would still say "Its still just a sedan with a big engine."

When I said that before, I was not being "immature" as you say, I was being accurate. I have seen the same thing time and time again. Its sad, really. There's no respect for imports, even fast ones.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 12-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
I have seen the same thing time and time again. Its sad, really. There's no respect for imports, even fast ones.
<runs fingers through mullet>

"they don't get no respect cuz there ain't no big 'ol V8 under da hood, son! those fancy AWD cars don't make sense - cars aren't meant to go fast in the rain and snow. ain't natural. now put on some Krokus and grab a Stroh's! yee-haaaa!"

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Ok, number 1- Best Quarter mile for the Easy street WRX is 9.60@144.7mph, and it has somewhere around 740 HP. It also does so with a full interior.

Not according to the site. They said 9.98@141mph, and that the car has 505hp. Regardless of which time is the best time, it doesn't even come close to the ZL-1's best time. So I gues i'll stop harping on that now. The pics i saw showed anything but a full interior. Maybe our definitions of a full interior differ somewhat.

number 2.- This argument is really pointless. He is a domestic driver. He will never have any respect for imports, no matter if they are a beefed up sedan or a full out supercar. Even if there was a Sti that ran 6 seconds with a stock interior, he would still say "Its still just a sedan with a big engine."

Close, but not quite. I'm a domestic driver, i will never have MUCH respect for economy cars trying to be sports cars, no matter what they run. I have respect for the STI, i've said again and again that I think it's a very nice car. It's just not on the level of a Camaro or the like. See the point is, even if you have an STI that runs 6's with a stock interior, you still have an STI. Which is a nice car, but not worth anywhere near the $100,000 you just spent on it. Whereas with a 6 second Camaro, the fact that you still have a Camaro is not a bad thing, cause it is a SPORTS CAR to begin with, and for years people have dumped hefty sums into those cars, only to get a show stopping machine that when sold returns more than the money they spent on it. The above is a matter of opinion of course, but you have to admit there's some rationality to it.

<runs fingers through mullet>

"they don't get no respect cuz there ain't no big 'ol V8 under da hood, son! those fancy AWD cars don't make sense - cars aren't meant to go fast in the rain and snow. ain't natural. now put on some Krokus and grab a Stroh's! yee-haaaa!"

<emerges from mom's basement>

"I ain't got no money ta buy no real sports car, all i got is my mom's subaru. I know, i'mon just sell drugs so i can buy dat huge wing dey got down at da autozone an' maybe some o' dem blue headlights. Yeah then i'll have a real sports car. I learned to drive real fast on mah Playstation 2, so dey'll never catch me."

Works both ways.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
I have respect for the STI, i've said again and again that I think it's a very nice car. It's just not on the level of a Camaro or the like.
the fact that you still have a Camaro is not a bad thing, cause it is a SPORTS CAR to begin with

from dictionary.com:

sports car
n.

An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds.

camaro
n.
An automobile made with a solid rear axle and large engine designed to kill driver and any passenger attempting precise control at high speeds.

Camaro (from urban dictionary)
n.

1)GM's ****tiest attempt at a sports car ever.

2)Car discontinued in 2002, due the decline in sales from the largest buying groups- rednecks and G dawgs.

3) Girl version of a Trans AM, the other mullet-mobile.

1)That guy has a camaro, he must have a mullet and a three inch penis.

I kid, I kid !!
The camaro is great -

FOR ME TO POOP ON !!!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Hater

i hope they keep that ZL-1 at speed in a controlled environment because i've ridden in a friend's Z28 SS over 100mph on the highway and i was worried the thing was going to rattle itself to pieces.

anyone want to race me today in their Camaro or Trans-Am? only 5 inches of snow....... oh, i forgot they are only good for straight asphalt roads in sunny weather.....

Old 12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Hater

Quote:
the fact that you still have a Camaro is not a bad thing, cause it is a SPORTS CAR to begin with
what sport do they compete in? highschool parking lot drag races?

Camaros are cheap, fast junk. period. the rest of the world laughs at the Corvette, which is a step above the even cheaper and less respected Camaro/Trans-Am.

believe it or not, i actually like the looks of the last WS6 T/A, and its a sorta decent 'bang-for-the-buck', but the STi would be my purchase because:

-its faster
-its cheaper
-its more reliable
-it handles better
-it goes in any weather
-its easier and cheaper to make it even faster
-it seats four comfortably
-no mullet required
-people won't call you 'Guido' in it

Old 12-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Unstoppable

Here ya go....

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/supra.mov

Also-Interior looks far from race only/stripped to me.....

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 12-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I hate camaros. They remind me of guys with big bellys, budweiser, mullets, and people who only listen to Metallica.

- Rob
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM

I hate camaros. They remind me of guys with big bellys, budweiser, mullets, and people who only listen to Metallica.

- Rob

Well that sure is nice bobby, you want a cookie?

Here ya go....

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/video/supra.mov

Also-Interior looks far from race only/stripped to me.....

Supra is rear wheel drive.

but the STi would be my purchase because:

Im going to tear these apart one at a time for those who have trouble following.

-its faster We've already gone over this. It's just barely as fast.

-its cheaper WHERE?!?! The official site says it starts at $30,995...nicely equipped it runs $34,000. The camaro starts at $28,600 for the V8. The most expensive factory T/A (im using the T/A cause it's more expensive than the camaro) runs $32,500

-its more reliable 5th Generation Camaros and T/A's have gotten 5-star ratings in every aspect of reliability. So the best it can do is be AS RELIABLE.

-it handles better In the snow. My toys don't get driven in the snow.

-it goes in any weather So does the Camaro. A tiny bit faster too.

-its easier and cheaper to make it even faster Yeah...that's about the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of. For a mere $6000 i can send my T/A to John Lingenfelter and get it back with 550hp and over 600lb/ft of torque. $18,000 gets me a 427 with almost 700hp and we've seen what that can do.

-it seats four comfortably Score one for the STI.

-no mullet required Same here (i swear if you ever met me you would think you were hallucinating...im the absolute opposite of everything you have said the T/A driver is. I'm living proof that you are wrong).

-people won't call you 'Guido' in it That's probably true...they probably wouldn't talk to you at all in fact, they'd be too busy checking out the real sports cars over in Guido's corner.

i hope they keep that ZL-1 at speed in a controlled environment because i've ridden in a friend's Z28 SS over 100mph on the highway and i was worried the thing was going to rattle itself to pieces.

Sounds just like my girlfriend's SVX and just about every other SVX i've been in. When you get to that speed, NO car is quiet. Besides, i've hit well over 100mph in my own T/A, my friend's Camaro SS, and several other previous generation f-bodies...nothing but tires roaring and the beautiful sound of the LS-1 V8 stretching it's legs.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Sounds just like my girlfriend's SVX
I reckon she should get her bearings checked.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 12-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Unstoppable

Dude, look at the interior- Thats not a Supra. Its the Easy Street WRX, and on that run it ran the aforementioned 9.60@144.7mph. If you STILL don't believe me check out www.esxmotorsports.com

-George Carlin
Old 12-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Hater

wonder if he can tell the difference between a Supra interior and a Camaro?

Old 12-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Hater

Quote:
-its easier and cheaper to make it even faster [/b] Yeah...that's about the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of. For a mere $6000 i can send my T/A to John Lingenfelter and get it back with 550hp and over 600lb/ft of torque. $18,000 gets me a 427 with almost 700hp and we've seen what that can do.
[/B]
either you're Johm Lingenfelter's nephew, or you've been huffing too many exhaust fumes. in the world of *fact*, here are the real figures (from the Lingenfelter performance website http://www.lingenfelter.com/packages03.asp )

"1998 - 2002 LS1, Camaro / Firebird
350 CID LS1 package 420 BHP/400 lbs-ft of torque.......$6,895.00

1998 - 2002 LS1, Camaro / Firebird
427 CID LS1 package 540+BHP/ 540 lbs-ft of torque....$26,500.00
"

your numbers seem to be a little off.

the Easy Street ESX740 package- "Professionally Installed and Dyno Tuned for $28,500 (w/core exchange). This is the very same package used in our World Record Holding ESX. 9.6sec 1/4 mile, 740hp." ( http://www.esxmotorsports.com/esx.htm )

i hate to have to bring facts into the discussion - it almost seems like not playing fair. the Lingenfelter engines do come with a spaghetti sauce-stained white 'wife-beater' tank top, to sweeten the deal, though.

Old 12-16-2003, 10:57 PM

Dude, look at the interior- Thats not a Supra. Its the Easy Street WRX, and on that run it ran the aforementioned 9.60@144.7mph. If you STILL don't believe me check out www.esxmotorsports.com

Well then why does the link say supra? I didn't even bother to hit the link, I have dial-up and I refuse to spend more than five minutes on this argument anymore since we have failed to cover any new ground. But that's why I said what i said, thinking it was a supra you were talking about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

your numbers seem to be a little off.

Well that's because I failed to make myself completely clear. I stated both these setups from memory so i may be slightly off. The first package, as stated is from john ligenfelter and i was close enough. The second is not from LPE, as i should have stated it is in fact a Summit setup. Sorry again about the misunderstanding.

Furthermore, i did check out the ESX link. You failed to mention that this particular STI relies on Nitrous injection for it's power. Don't you think that changes everything? Now we are comparing a street-trim naturally aspirated fully featured car to a Turbocharged NOS injected full out racer. Yeah that's about as fair as comparing Saddam Hussein to Marilyn Manson. I could level the playing field and find you a blown V8 that uses nitrous but you know as well as i do that would put us in the 6 second 250mph range. So i won't bother. It's as plain as physics (though i understand physics can be tough for some), more displacement = more power potiential. That is a law of nature you cannot defy with any kind of bolt on.

i hate to have to bring facts into the discussion - it almost seems like not playing fair. the Lingenfelter engines do come with a spaghetti sauce-stained white 'wife-beater' tank top, to sweeten the deal, though.

Also seeing as we are now starting to turn that infamous full circle, im not even going to bother with this argument anymore if you continue to fail to give anything but personal jabs in your defense.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Unstoppable

If it was like a 200 shot I could see your argument there. But its only a 50 shot, less than most ricers run in their Honduhs. Even if it didnt have the NOS, it would probably still be a sub-10 sec car, and it would still put quite a hurtin on your T/A. I'll betcha the only reason the NOS is there is so the average consumer doesn't have to run race gas all the time. On top of that, its not an all out racer, its a street car. It has full interior, stock steel body, etc. Its availible for purchase, and is a pretty big value compared to your Lingenfelter packages. Level the playing field, you say? The turbo is the only thing that keeps the playing field level. Of course a turbocharged nos powered V8 is going to be faster, we already discussed the fact that there is no replacement for displacement.

But then, I forget so soon. Its just a "family car" with a lot of HP. That means its not respectable at all.

-George Carlin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: