Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 02-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
As early as you want. Chances are LarryIII will be awake posting on the network using the public computer at the hotel.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:18 PM
kmin

Question what actually happens?

okay, besides gazing at lots and lots of gorgeous bodies (the cars, the cars... geez! ), what else happens at reading? i'm seriously debating going, but i just want to know what happens during that weekend.

also, any other poor people out there who want to share a room??
Old 02-28-2004, 05:03 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Last year there was a Rally... That was awesome, (Even though I didn't do it in the SVX, I did it in the Miata ) There's great roads!!! There's Real AMISH PEOPLE!!!! It's great to see them in the "wild"!!! Cool people to hang out with and get drunk... Look it's like this... If I'm driving 13 hours to be there for it then it must be good.... So you need to be there, trust me... you'll have fun

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Question Soo

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Last year there was a Rally... That was awesome, (Even though I didn't do it in the SVX, I did it in the Miata ) There's great roads!!! There's Real AMISH PEOPLE!!!! It's great to see them in the "wild"!!! Cool people to hang out with and get drunk... Look it's like this... If I'm driving 13 hours to be there for it then it must be good.... So you need to be there, trust me... you'll have fun
So, they'll be no time in the day where people'll go autoxing ,1/4 mile drag racing, rallying or something?
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 03-10-2004, 06:45 AM

Probably do a little rally like last year... Mike said that he was gonna work on getting one together... The SVX comunity isn't all about 1/4mile racing... Don't know of any local Autocrosses that weekend either...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Is it Agenda yet?

Hey Mike!
Has the Penn SVX braintrust come up with a list of fun activities for us yet? I need to know if I should start getting Austin into "navigation" mode
Thanks.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-31-2004, 07:48 AM

who gets served

I posted a question a while back and did not get any feedback about the general area the meet will be in ,I am not racist or a punk but I avoid trouble if I can.I REALLY want to go to the meet ,but I may pass if I do not get get a general idea about the area,anyway I'm a black male 6'6'' 240 and well built,so I don't want to draw the wrong attention,also my best friend is white and drives and 92 camaro, great guy ,please respond.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: who gets served

Quote:
Originally posted by poweredx2
I posted a question a while back and did not get any feedback about the general area the meet will be in ,I am not racist or a punk but I avoid trouble if I can.I REALLY want to go to the meet ,but I may pass if I do not get get a general idea about the area,anyway I'm a black male 6'6'' 240 and well built,so I don't want to draw the wrong attention,also my best friend is white and drives and 92 camaro, great guy ,please respond.

We'll be in Denver, PA at the Holiday Inn. It's just off the TPK.

We have had other well built black men at the meets and they have not encountered any difficulty to my knowledge.

Oh, it's Amish Country, so if you have a fear of people WEARING the color black, or of slow-moving black buggies and horses, I'd stay away. The area is "country-ish" and not metropolitan. It's a nice area. PLUS, you won't meet a better bunch of folks. You think we're a "community" here, wait til you get together in person. AND, nobody, but NOBODY messes with a fellow SVXer.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 03-31-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Here is my response............... Dude ya have nothing to worry about as far as anything "racist" or something like that... You need to get up with me within the next few weeks so we can travel up to Reading together!!

Old 03-31-2004, 09:23 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: who gets served

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

We'll be in Denver, PA at the Holiday Inn. It's just off the TPK.

We have had other well built black men at the meets and they have not encountered any difficulty to my knowledge.

Oh, it's Amish Country, so if you have a fear of people WEARING the color black, or of slow-moving black buggies and horses, I'd stay away. The area is "country-ish" and not metropolitan. It's a nice area. PLUS, you won't meet a better bunch of folks. You think we're a "community" here, wait til you get together in person. AND, nobody, but NOBODY messes with a fellow SVXer.
Yeah, what Randy said!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-31-2004, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
I'm strongly considering going to the reading meet! I've only had my SVX for a couple months now, so I'm no expert but i think it would be awesome. Plus, it's only like an hour and a half from where I go to school which isn't bad.

My question is - where do we "get drinks?" I'm under 21 (20) and curious if I'll be able to get served wherever we go. [of course I wouldn't get trashed] What kind of age group of people go to reading?

Thanks.

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 03-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by rmjjensen
I'm strongly considering going to the reading meet! I've only had my SVX for a couple months now, so I'm no expert but i think it would be awesome. Plus, it's only like an hour and a half from where I go to school which isn't bad.

My question is - where do we "get drinks?" I'm under 21 (20) and curious if I'll be able to get served wherever we go. [of course I wouldn't get trashed] What kind of age group of people go to reading?

Thanks.
Well, the age depends on who shows up. It is pretty well represented from teenagers through really old guys...

kvnobrien and I tried to pick up a teenage girl during the scavenger hunt last year. Well, I tried to pick her up, he laughed at me

It is worth the trip to Reading. You won't find a nicer or stranger group of people anywhere and you will learn 10 years of SVX knowledge in the course of a weekend.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Quote:
There is no need to be concerned. The meet is in a small town in the country. I only live 30.min away so I know how it is. You should definitely attend. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
MAN I'm coming .....hopefully my roommates 'll be down for the little trip.

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rmjjensen
MAN I'm coming .....hopefully my roommates 'll be down for the little trip.
If they are going with ya, make them pay for GAS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: