Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Anyone interested in a motorcycle?

I have a 1979 Honda CB750F for sale. It was originally my uncles but he passed away Jan 2006. He gave it to me prior to his death, my intention was to fix it up and use it but it has a problem and I am not sure how to fix it, and really dont have the space for it and have too many other projects right now to deal with it. The bike will start, and will run but you have to hold the choke out or it will die. Now yesterday we where playing around with it and it stayed running even without holding the choke and it ran for about 10 minutes, but if you would try to rev it a little it would instantly die. My best guess is something is not set correctly in the carbs. We did replace the float needles in the carbs because they leaked, and a neighbor had them pressure set. But we still dont know what else could be wrong with them. We put a new battery on it, and new spark plugs, did an oil change, did a brake flush and added new fluid, and did a bunch of small tune up things like new air filter and so on. The bike sat for about 8 years because my uncles health declined. It was his baby though and he drove it often in the summers, it has about 35k miles on it. I do not have any recent pictures of it, but if you are interested you are welcome to come see it. It was garage kept all of its life until a couple weeks ago when one of my cars took over the garage and forced the bike to live under a tarp. It has a place on the side of the gas tank where battery acid accidently dripped on it (our fault) so the paint kinda came off there. It can be easily fixed if you dont leave it go too long. The exaust pipes will also need replaced, we did a temperary fix on the pipes. I am asking 200$ or best offer. I can deliver it for 15$ for the cost of renting a trailor and .50 cents a mile. My zip code is 43207 to help you calculate delivery.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Me want me want me want. Must find another wife though first! Good luck with the sale these are very collectable now and I'm amazed it isn't gone already at that price!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
I have a 1979 Honda CB750F for sale. It was originally my uncles but he passed away Jan 2006. He gave it to me prior to his death, my intention was to fix it up and use it but it has a problem and I am not sure how to fix it, and really dont have the space for it and have too many other projects right now to deal with it. The bike will start, and will run but you have to hold the choke out or it will die. Now yesterday we where playing around with it and it stayed running even without holding the choke and it ran for about 10 minutes, but if you would try to rev it a little it would instantly die. My best guess is something is not set correctly in the carbs. We did replace the float needles in the carbs because they leaked, and a neighbor had them pressure set. But we still dont know what else could be wrong with them. We put a new battery on it, and new spark plugs, did an oil change, did a brake flush and added new fluid, and did a bunch of small tune up things like new air filter and so on. The bike sat for about 8 years because my uncles health declined. It was his baby though and he drove it often in the summers, it has about 35k miles on it. I do not have any recent pictures of it, but if you are interested you are welcome to come see it. It was garage kept all of its life until a couple weeks ago when one of my cars took over the garage and forced the bike to live under a tarp. It has a place on the side of the gas tank where battery acid accidently dripped on it (our fault) so the paint kinda came off there. It can be easily fixed if you dont leave it go too long. The exaust pipes will also need replaced, we did a temperary fix on the pipes. I am asking 200$ or best offer. I can deliver it for 15$ for the cost of renting a trailor and .50 cents a mile. My zip code is 43207 to help you calculate delivery.
PM me with an address to send a check, and add delivery to my brother in laws place in Dayton. (I will have another reason to visit him then.)

Like Ben said.

If it hasn't been left out in the rain or wrecked, I will take it for the price you mentioned.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
PM me with an address to send a check, and add delivery to my brother in laws place in Dayton. (I will have another reason to visit him then.)

Like Ben said.

If it hasn't been left out in the rain or wrecked, I will take it for the price you mentioned.

Sent you a PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
Well, guy's and gals, I took delivery of this bike on the very same day that I put 'down money' on my FIRST SVX!
May 5th, It showed up at the Cumberland Ice Breaker auto-cross, ( on Budfreak's trailer).
I led Bud and family to svxfile's house, where the bike was unloaded, beers were consumed, an SVX deal worked out and I prepared the T bones that Tom had provided!
There was far too much activity for a complete 'inspection' of the bike that night. I got tangled up with a host of other 'commitments' and didn't get back to the 'bike' for a while. In fact, I didn't get back to the bike until yesterday, when Tom, Young Tom, ( New Jersey Tom) and I loaded it onto my trusty,rusty GMC.

I hauled it to work with me and (at 11:00 PM), I headed to the car wash with a bucket of 'politically incorrect' soap and a stiff brush.

I scrubbed off all the things that did not belong and hit it with the pressure washer till nothing else came off.
I returned to house about 12:30 AM wed., put the charger on it and started playing with the buttons. The first song that came over the CRYSTAL CLEAR radio was "Rolling Stones" 'You can't always get what you want'.
I found some 'peace' in my heart while looking at this bike, all clean and shining!
First off, the pic that Tina sent showed a brown bike, and it was actually BLACK. (The same as the Triumph 750 Tri-dent that I was trying to fill the 'void' for).
Second, it only has 33K miles, she included a NEW tire that I wasn't expecting and the only damage on the bike is an 1/8" deep, 3/4" long dent on the tank!
Third, she gave me the original seat, ( perfect condition), since it had a King/Queen seat installed!

This morning, I hauled it to the Planet MRAF. ( Dan worked at a bike shop for 10 years before he landed on my planet), so I figured he would be the man for the job.
We pushed it off of the GMC, I hit the start button and it started! I took 2 laps around the farm and put it in the carport.
It didn't run well, but it RAN!

You guys missed a FINE machine!

Tina, Thank you! I have changed my WILL! If I die, you can come and get it! Since you 'GAVE' it to me for that price, it would be a shame to send it anywhere else! I DO need the papers, though. ASAP since I will not have to spend months putting it into 'road-worthey' condition!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: