Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 03-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Michael,
Sorry to "semi-hijack" this thread, but I was wondering if you'd figured out what you wanted to do with those other exhaust pieces (see "performance exhaust" thread). I'm just about ready to rework my exhaust system (did a "can opener" job on the cat while getting the car on the trailer for last season's Subie Challenge event) and I want to make sure I've got all my parts together first. Also, I'm ready for the inner valve springs. Thanks!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I'll take it to pm....de-jacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Michael,
Sorry to "semi-hijack" this thread, but I was wondering if you'd figured out what you wanted to do with those other exhaust pieces (see "performance exhaust" thread). I'm just about ready to rework my exhaust system (did a "can opener" job on the cat while getting the car on the trailer for last season's Subie Challenge event) and I want to make sure I've got all my parts together first. Also, I'm ready for the inner valve springs. Thanks!
-Bill
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Just some dude.

I'm going in to get the prototype mandrel bent dual exhaust system made on my car not this week but next. I have a dual exhaust on my car right now that I'd rather not see go to waste. It has a magnaflow x-pipe and pair of dynomax super turbo mufflers. It needs either resonators or cats added to the primaries depending on your local laws. I'll have them cut it at the welds so that it can fit in a box for shipping and be easy to weld back together. Up for grabs to the first with $325 plus shipping.

Last edited by longassname; 03-04-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:33 AM

I thought he was from Massachusetts, my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
Pick what up in Massachusetts?
Well like I said, keep me posted on the final price plus I would need to know shipping info for an entire exhaust system as I will not be able to pick it up.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Just some dude.

That's not how it would work. I'm going to go in and get the prototype made on my car. If I get another system made at the same time I can get it made at a reasonable price because the mandrel bender will already be set up for 2.25" tubing. If you were to have said yes I will buy one if it's less than $1,000 and the price I was able to get it made at allowed that I would go ahead and get it made. If someone hasn't said that ahead of time I won't get a system made for them.

Since it is a cnc machine they will be able to make these systems later but it pretty much never has 2.25 dies on it. It's usually making diesel truck pipes. I can assure you that ordering seperately will cost several hundred dollars more than getting it made at the same time I am there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95greensvx
I thought he was from Massachusetts, my mistake.

Well like I said, keep me posted on the final price plus I would need to know shipping info for an entire exhaust system as I will not be able to pick it up.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Just some dude.

Ok, so far I'm at me +1 (nobody from this thread) to be made if I can get it done for under $1,100. Does anybody else want to get a system made? If you have a cut off price anywhere above $900 let me know so long as you will actually buy it at your cutt off price.

I guess this could use a little explaining considering some of the posts indicate not everyone understands how it will work. I won't know how many I can get made at what price until I am there and the price I am able to negotiate with them will obviously be dramatically effected by the quantity I am able to buy. Getting the tubing for 1, 2, or 3 more systems made at the same time might dramatically bring down the per system price.

Right now I have one person who wants a system if it can be had for under $1,100 and I'll buy a system no matter what the cost. Now if someone else says they will buy a system if it can be had for $1,000 and another person says they will buy a system if it can be had for $950 and 3 more people say they will buy a system if it can be had for $900 here's what could happen:
I mighe be able to get 7 systems made for $900 each
I might be able to get 4 systems made for $950 each
I might be able to get 3 systems made for $1000 each
I might be able to get 2 systems made for $1100 each
I might just get my own system made because I can't get them at a price anyone will pay.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
If this was the summer I would do it in a heartbeat.... But I cant keep putting stuff on my visa.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 AM

Count me out as I was just in an accident with my SVX yesterday morning due to the freakin snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Ok, so far I'm at me +1 (nobody from this thread) to be made if I can get it done for under $1,100. Does anybody else want to get a system made? If you have a cut off price anywhere above $900 let me know so long as you will actually buy it at your cutt off price.

I guess this could use a little explaining considering some of the posts indicate not everyone understands how it will work. I won't know how many I can get made at what price until I am there and the price I am able to negotiate with them will obviously be dramatically effected by the quantity I am able to buy. Getting the tubing for 1, 2, or 3 more systems made at the same time might dramatically bring down the per system price.

Right now I have one person who wants a system if it can be had for under $1,100 and I'll buy a system no matter what the cost. Now if someone else says they will buy a system if it can be had for $1,000 and another person says they will buy a system if it can be had for $950 and 3 more people say they will buy a system if it can be had for $900 here's what could happen:
I mighe be able to get 7 systems made for $900 each
I might be able to get 4 systems made for $950 each
I might be able to get 3 systems made for $1000 each
I might be able to get 2 systems made for $1100 each
I might just get my own system made because I can't get them at a price anyone will pay.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Just some dude.

ok, so we are still at me +1 with 4 days left in the count down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95greensvx
Count me out as I was just in an accident with my SVX yesterday morning due to the freakin snow.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Just some dude.

still at me +1 with a couple days left in the countdown.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: