Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-16-2006, 10:01 AM

I need Help

I was driving the other day and my car basically fell out of gear. Now it sometimes goes into gear and sometimes doesn't. I am unable to drive my car for more than 1000 feet or so. When the car won't go into gear, it is that way for all gears 1,2,3,D,and R. I have never had any trouble with any gears in the past, and the only code I can read is my right O2 sensor. That is an issue I have had for a month or so. (I don't drive much) and I believe that it is due to a broken vacuum hose that I am going to replace when I get the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone in Littleton or Lakewood, If you could possibly come and help, I would be eternally greatful. I need my car to get to work this week (if possible).

Michael Feldman
(303)973-6709
(843)814-1669

'92 LS-L, exhaust, intake, audio, ecu 1V4?, hyper ground kit.
Next changes ... PAINT, fix engine problems, 4.44. (GONE)

'97 Impreza Outback Sport, magnaflow muffler, cold air intake, Alpine Type S, MP3/iPod deck, NGK wires, etc.(GONE)
Old 12-16-2006, 11:07 AM

Sounds like it's time for a new tranny. When my tranny went it slipped out of gear and the engine revved high. I had nothing but 1st and reverse left.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:40 AM

Yeah, I don't even get 1 or R. I called Burt Subar, and they said it would cost almost 2k to rebuild my tranny, and that's my only option. So if anyone knows of any other options/places to go to get a tranny, let me know. If possible I would also be looking at a 4.44 or manual. both should easily cost less than 2k. If all else fails, i will be looking for a new SVX, i have put too much money into mine to not be able to use my parts and stuff. Plus i love the SVX. It's either that or an impreza.

'92 LS-L, exhaust, intake, audio, ecu 1V4?, hyper ground kit.
Next changes ... PAINT, fix engine problems, 4.44. (GONE)

'97 Impreza Outback Sport, magnaflow muffler, cold air intake, Alpine Type S, MP3/iPod deck, NGK wires, etc.(GONE)
Old 12-16-2006, 11:44 AM

My rebuild was $2300 and change. Search the forums to look for tranny options and info. It is probably the most common topic on here.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by etz bseder
Yeah, I don't even get 1 or R. I called Burt Subar, and they said it would cost almost 2k to rebuild my tranny, and that's my only option. So if anyone knows of any other options/places to go to get a tranny, let me know. If possible I would also be looking at a 4.44 or manual. both should easily cost less than 2k. If all else fails, i will be looking for a new SVX, i have put too much money into mine to not be able to use my parts and stuff. Plus i love the SVX. It's either that or an impreza.
I can do a 4.44 swap for 1,100-1,400 bucks most typically including everything. Now if you could just get from Co. to Ohio with your SVX.