How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-27-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621
The spoiler would have been on Saturday night if I couldve found those nuts!

What I think that still needs to be done:
- Take care of the abs light issue
- Find source of wavering temp gauge
- mount spoiler
- paint wipers

And wash it really well! I would say paint for the roof is a must in the near future too.

It really came together well. I am very impressed with how it runs after being off the road for nearly four years.
Ya, she is in great shape for sure.

The little issues:
-Abs will probably be easy, but we still have to look at that.
-The temp guage is confusing because everything seems to be working properly. For now, I will just be careful about watching to see if the engine overheats and carry extra water around.
-Spoiler - 5 minutes tops when we have the bolts.
-Painting the wipers is a good idea, but first I have to get new rubber thingies for them or I will scratch my windhsield.
-O yeah, and the one headlight is easy too

Old 02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Now to organize the road trip to Kinley Subaru to prove Dan Dan Ima Salesman wrong !!!
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-27-2006, 01:26 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I dont think we'd be p[roving him wrong, as much as we would be showing him that we were up to the challenge. Btw, they had another there sitting in the yard... I wonder

94 LS I believe... in Bordeaux.... missing front bumper and lights, dead trans. Hmm.

Well, not in the budget for me, at least not for awhile.

And yes Brian, hopefully its all easy fixes.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I just deposited the check.

hooray.. im out of the negative....

Register it yet?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Unfortunately no,

-Stupid cell phone bill (still getting charged too much) and sirius bill cycled and I am left with not enough dough to do all the registration/insurance/sales tax stuff. I am hoping to get a rebate check from my laptop this week which would make it possible. That or getting my tax returns in . It is torture to think about my working svx when I am stuck in the tracer. Hopefully tomorrow... .
Old 02-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
waivering temp eh?? Sounds like a case of the mondays for the thermostat. It would have been a good idea to replace one that hasn't functioned in 4 years

Tom
Old 02-28-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
waivering temp eh?? Sounds like a case of the mondays for the thermostat. It would have been a good idea to replace one that hasn't functioned in 4 years

Tom
I'm still not sure if it's the thermostat or not, it seems to me that the thermostat is opening up properly, and when I was driving it that the temp gauge went up and back down way too fast for the water to actually change temperature like that. I think it might be the cluster, or the sender.

I have an extra thermostat, so I'll just replace it and see if it fixes the problem. If not, I'll go from there.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Maniac modifier

well if the stat is sticking it will cause it to fluxuate. It will stick open allowing the engine to cool too much then close allowing it to heat up and then sticking closed again, allowing the engine to heat up too much. It is a possibility. But more than likely a bad sender. Is there any fluxuation in the heat when this happens??

Tom
Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Is there any fluxuation in the heat when this happens??

Tom
Actually, I didn't really drive the car enough to tell, that's a good point though, I'll check it out
Old 02-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Maniac modifier

I only say this because of whats happened in my Ebony when the HG was bad. The temp gauge would fluxuate and the heat would get cold (gas bubble passed throught the coolant system). It is worth investigating as little closer. If that is the case, it is a good thing you got that spare motor

Tom
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM

The car is registered and insured. Still Gotta take some pics...

Doesn't really seem like the heat thing is going to be a big deal. John and I drove it around for a good while the other day and the heat kept fluctuating. There was a little sound and all of a sudden it stopped fluctuating and stayed where it belonged. When john popped the cap there was gunk in the radiator. He believes that it is just some debris from the engine sitting for several years. Maybe a bug made a nest in it or something. Anyway, I'm at work right now, but John and Eric took my car and they are flushing out the coolant and cleaning out the thermostat (it was probably jammed from the gunk in there). Hopefully this should solve the problem.

O yeah, John and I checked the ABS and it was a code 6 (Front Right wheel sensor - thanks svxipedia) just as John predicted. All we have to do is plug in a wire that we left unplugged.

Then all I need is to find a way to mount the front license plate and she will pass inspection no problem.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Overheating issue fixed, combination of extra air in the system and super plyable lower rad hose. All that we need to fix now is the ABS, car drives very nice
Old 03-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvPPoW
car drives very nice
Understatment. Drive like it has 50k on it. Im a little lealous...but then again I have tan suede seats....so no Im not
and now WORKING STEERING! (Thanks john and dave)
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-07-2006, 04:26 PM

Abs issue solved soon

John and I looked at the car the other day. Apparrently the abs issue is because I actually am missing one of the speed sensors (thanks for raping my car Mckinly Subaru lol. Anyway, we will replace it soon so all seems to be good.