Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
WHAT?!! The Avalanche looks awesome!

Ok, the Sunfire was borderline ugly.

Yeah that was pretty ugly.

The Firbird front end looks very cool, the WS6 is WICKED looking (I can see how some people may see the ram air scoop as being a bit unruly looking), and the Camaro is not awesome, but far from what i'd call ugly.

None of the cars mentioned look near as bad as the new WRX or Tribeca front ends IMO. I just can't imagine what subaru was thinking, they had good looking cars last year.
Its not so much ugly as it is completely cheap and standard issue parts bin GM plastic parts that were designed in ruining what was overall a solid original design. Kinda like the commerical where the couple wants their house designed around a bathroom facet only, GM chose to design around a stardard issue square headlight that has been used on GM vehicles since the mandatory switch in the 70s to univeral style and sizing even though that was then again done away with in the mid 80s long before the redesign was begun.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Don't forget the Pontiac Aztec!!!
d'oh, i meant the Aztek, but the Tupperware-clad Avalanche doesn't win any prizes, either.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
d'oh, i meant the Aztek, but the Tupperware-clad Avalanche doesn't win any prizes, either.
Hey that Aztek still outsold the SVX every year it was produced. Granted, that was with rebates in excess of $5k some years. I though the Avalanche would look better once they took the plasticlad (that will no doubt be faded a horrible shade of peach in 8 years) off but I saw one of the newer cladless ones the other day and it actually looked worse to me. The weird thing is the fender up front has an internal portion showing (that was hidden by the cladding) that they simply left there. It would be like taking off the SVX cladding on the front fender and just leaving the fender the way it is. Not sure who's brilliant idea that one was.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Hey that Aztek still outsold the SVX every year it was produced.
many people buy velvet Elvis paintings, too. what's your point?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Its not so much ugly as it is completely cheap and standard issue parts bin GM plastic parts that were designed in ruining what was overall a solid original design. Kinda like the commerical where the couple wants their house designed around a bathroom facet only, GM chose to design around a stardard issue square headlight that has been used on GM vehicles since the mandatory switch in the 70s to univeral style and sizing even though that was then again done away with in the mid 80s long before the redesign was begun.
Dude...punctuation is our friend!

Almost the entire car is plastic. I don't see that as bad. Especially as the Fords and dodges of the same year are rusting away. How much metal does an average modern Subaru have in it? Not much from my experience.

Oh and I don't have to worry about condensation and yellowing in my WS6's "completely cheap" headlights.

Quote:
Hey that Aztek still outsold the SVX every year it was produced. Granted, that was with rebates in excess of $5k some years. I though the Avalanche would look better once they took the plasticlad (that will no doubt be faded a horrible shade of peach in 8 years) off but I saw one of the newer cladless ones the other day and it actually looked worse to me.
I wouldn't try to say that the Aztek was good looking, but people didn't seem to care. It sold quite well. Even in my short time as a salesman, I sold three. People loved the Aztek's functionality and very-not-minivan styling.

I, too, think the Avalanche looked better with the cladding. All they had to do was streamline the plastic, and paint it the same color as the body, and I don't think people would have had much issue with it.

Quote:
The weird thing is the fender up front has an internal portion showing (that was hidden by the cladding) that they simply left there. It would be like taking off the SVX cladding on the front fender and just leaving the fender the way it is. Not sure who's brilliant idea that one was.
That would be the idea of the thousands of enthusiasts who called for GM to lose the cladding, and now complain about how the truck looks without it.

Just goes to show that you can't please people anyway.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
many people buy velvet Elvis paintings, too. what's your point?

Just that it must be better then an SVX if that many people bought it. . Must buy more velvet Elvis paintings!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Dude...punctuation is our friend!
Sorry, I thought you realized you weren't wanted here and that I no longer needed to stick with simple sentences for you to comprehend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: