Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered Abuser

I'm assuming the manual tranny Legacys don't have the FWD slot as this car doesn't have one. I forgot to mention that it's not AT. As it turns out, I seriously doubt the car has a broken rear diff. It actually feels more like a clutch problem. Basically, it feels like the flywheel is only sprung enough to hold a couple lb/ft of torque and spins beyond that. The guy says the clutch has less than 2K on it. So I guess I'll know more when I drop the tranny. Thanks for the help.

Stephen
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Registered Abuser

Upon inspection I noticed that the car has a damaged clutch release fork and most likely a glazed clutch disc as a result. So for about $150 I can get it on the road, but I'm going to pull the motor and part the car out. How about Full Time 4WD in an SVX?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoalex
Upon inspection I noticed that the car has a damaged clutch release fork and most likely a glazed clutch disc as a result. So for about $150 I can get it on the road, but I'm going to pull the motor and part the car out. How about Full Time 4WD in an SVX?
??? Only the Xt6s, rxs and some GLs were full time 4wd. The legacy was an awd system just like the SVX with autos 90-10 and 50-50 with manuals but they'll shift power on ya.

Why part it though unless the body is toast. Put a clutch in it and you'll get at leat $750 for her.