Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 06-25-2005, 10:57 PM

DoorSpeaker Replacements

The stock 6.5" door speakers in my svx vibrate when turned up and sound like they could be replaced. What would you guys recommend? I'm thinking about buying this Phoenix Gold 40$ pair site unheard. Check em out and tell me what you think. I know the original sound system is awesome until it decides to go out. Anyway, here's the link http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3403
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 06-25-2005, 11:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Honestly, they don't look to be much better than the average walmart special. Whatever you do end up with, I would suggest a component system to take advantage of the stock tweeter setup. I went with an Infinity system myself, but just about any brand name component will sound better than the stocks. Just be sure that you have enough power to make them shine, the stock Panasonic really won't do most of them justice.

KuoH
Old 06-26-2005, 03:49 AM
KCROGUEDOG

try a 7 in componets and let me know if they work. i heard they do. polk or eclipse. are u willing to be the guinea pig?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Not really, a broke teenager can't afford to be a guinea pig
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 06-27-2005, 08:56 AM
KCROGUEDOG

fine ill do it some time preferibly the same time i do the windows. but i got lots of cash and little time to do the stuff i need now. give me 4 or 5 months. (moving, painting car gc and konis install tires and brakes plus preping to leave ak all in 45 days and counting.)
Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 AM
KCROGUEDOG

kouh preparing to touch down near a bbq pit near u. i cant wait to see my chiefs in person again. end of aug. ill be out in the boonys by whiteman afb. but i will be back in the city quiet a bit.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Enjoy your stay here, although I'm not sure whether I'll still be in KC or not. I may be relocating further south myself.

KuoH
Old 06-27-2005, 12:28 PM
ilsegretosvx

Im using Alpines and I love them. If Im up near Redding Ill swing by so you can hear them. They are pretty good at drowning out the roar of the rear wheel bearings
Old 06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Your best bet would be to go to a store where you can listen to several sets in person then you decide which ones give you the best bang for the buck.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 PM

In addition to what David said, find out what you like (and can afford) then go to a site like www.sounddomain.com and see if they will price match - beware of internet vendors like ikesound that typically do not offer warranty from the OEM. Sounddomain and www.theZeb.com have pretty good pricing AND OEM warranty.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
sinahptik

Quote:
Your best bet would be to go to a store where you can listen to several sets in person then you decide which ones give you the best bang for the buck.
this is the best advice here. many brands have their own "sound," and everyone prefers it a bit different. also, when comparing, try matching it to your system, thatll give you the closest comparison. if nothing else, make sure you test the speakers on the same HU/amp setup!

Quote:
beware of internet vendors like ikesound that typically do not offer warranty from the OEM. Sounddomain and www.theZeb.com have pretty good pricing AND OEM warranty.
you can get -crazy- deals on ikesound though. not on EVERYTHING, but some of their prices are so low, they must be a consideration.