How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-11-2002, 07:33 PM
alacrity024

Sad But True...?

In browsing some posts, a lot of people are saying that the SVX is without a doubt the nicest car they've ever owned, even though it was in a long list of nice cars. I feel incredibly privileged to own such a fantastic car. It's not every 20 year-old who can buy himself (that's right, mommy and daddy don't buy my cars. I do) such an incredible machine.. leather, woodgrain, a great stereo, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS, and of course let's not forget about the 230 hp flat-6

However, I'm a little concerned.. this could very possibly be the single best car i'll ever own, and in that case.......what's left to look forward to?? can anyong give me some reassurance in some way, shape or form?

-adam
Old 03-11-2002, 08:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Sad But True...?

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
However, I'm a little concerned.. this could very possibly be the single best car i'll ever own, and in that case.......what's left to look forward to?? can anyong give me some reassurance in some way, shape or form?

-adam
Humm... good one...

1. Girl in the seat next to you as a (navigesser, cupholder, _______ etc.)
2. SVX that can fly?
3. SVX that has 900hp

as for non svx related:

4. so called 2003 SVX (yeah right!)
5. I like the new SAAB 9x -- the concept car.
6. Rocket ship.
7. your own 24th birthday.

the list goes on.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Sad But True...?

Quote:
(that's right, mommy and daddy don't buy my cars. I do)
theres nothing wrong with that.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2002, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
theres nothing wrong with that.-mike
haha here we go
Old 03-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I wish mine would, but at 46 I'm not holding my breath....

Beav
Old 03-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
theres nothing wrong with that.-mike
haha here we go
im biting my tounge, chris... im trying...

-Mike
Old 03-11-2002, 09:55 PM

I'm 22 and bought my SVX myself without Daddy's help also. It's funny. You don't see alot of people our age driving such a nice car.
What to look forward to? How about people's comments. What kind of car is that? Is it Fast? Nice car
I love that part of it, despite some small maintenance that's got me a little on edge this week.
Good luck and continue to enjoy. I know I will.
Dave
Old 03-11-2002, 10:10 PM
alacrity024

For me, the best part of this car is telling people how much money I make after they see my car.

I don't have anything to hide at this point--I probably make no more than $7000 a year. I work only three or four hours a night on weeknights and live in a dorm. I'll be paying off loans up the wazoo in about 10 months but right now I'm actually able to make things work.

Having a "contingency fund" set up in the event of any semi-catastrophic failures (eg. no more AWD) has helped me stay on top of the game and if you ask me, the SVX is a real bargian of a car. I mean $5000 for a 230hp car in GREAT shape with allllllll the trimmings?? you can't beat a deal like that!

Unfortunately the day always comes when the car, for one reason or another, is completely undriveable. If I can delay that moment as long as possible by taking care of her as best I can and not doing anything too stupid, I will feel satisfied.

-Adam
Old 03-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
For me, the best part of this car is telling people how much money I make after they see my car.

I don't have anything to hide at this point--I probably make no more than $7000 a year. I work only three or four hours a night on weeknights and live in a dorm. I'll be paying off loans up the wazoo in about 10 months but right now I'm actually able to make things work.

Having a "contingency fund" set up in the event of any semi-catastrophic failures (eg. no more AWD) has helped me stay on top of the game and if you ask me, the SVX is a real bargian of a car. I mean $5000 for a 230hp car in GREAT shape with allllllll the trimmings?? you can't beat a deal like that!

Unfortunately the day always comes when the car, for one reason or another, is completely undriveable. If I can delay that moment as long as possible by taking care of her as best I can and not doing anything too stupid, I will feel satisfied.

-Adam
The SVX is truely a wonderful car for the money... Safe, fast, comfy, luxurious... its amazing.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2002, 11:34 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
I'm 16, and I, too, bought my car without my parents' help. While I very much appreciate all the things my parents have done for me, there is something to be said for being able to make such a large purchase on my own.

It is quite likely that it will be a couple decades before I can afford such a nice car again, as soon I will be paying for university, rent, a family, etc.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:35 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

The SVX is truely a wonderful car for the money... Safe, fast, comfy, luxurious... its amazing.

-Mike
I don't know about that. I am making about 70 and I still think SVX is not reliable enough for me. I just started earning money so I am still trying to make things right. I believe SVX is safe, fast and all that but that does not mean wonderful in my book. It is a nice car -- hell yeah!

Luckily for me, I have no loans to give back but and although my dad does not ask me back for money for college, I am giving back some anyways. That much I can do right? He supported me for the last 20 odd years and college was around 12k a year after the UN grants.

I would like to thank my dad and all the parents in the world at this time. I would also like to thank and say hi and what's up to god (both actual god and tranny god for SVX), and I would like to thank all my friends both on and offline for their help. Now, I feel drunk. Time to go to bed I think.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!