Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Snowbird

Talking Need help to inspect 92 SVX in Springfield, Missouri

Hi everyone ;-)

I'm a new member, living in Vancouver, BC Canada (3 hours north of Seattle). Last month we have a lot of snow and my wife complained we didn't have an awd car. I was searching Ebay for a cheap awd car and found the SVX 0- after doing some research I was hooked.

I just won the bid for a 92 SVX on Ebay for 4150.00. The seller is in Springfield, Missouri. If any of you live within 100-200 miles and are willing to check the car out for me, or know any good mechanic in Springfield who will, I'll pay for the service. My last option would be to use a national inspection service, but I rather have a club member who know the car intimately ;-) - and who are better than you guys?

Here's the description of the car:

This Subaru SVX is all wheel drive, automatic transmission, power everything, and it all works. The only thing that is not factory stock on this car is a JVC CD player. The car runs SUPER and looks just as good. This vehicle has had all the Subaru recall work performed. The exterior has a few minor dings and marks. The interior is in almost perfect condition, other then some wearing on the drivers side door.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

dean
deantrinh@yahoo.com
Old 02-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
You call Rick's Automotive in Springfield, tell them that Beav said they were the best shop in town (and they are) and that I said they would treat you right (and they will!)

I know the guys at the Subaru dealer, and while they are o.k., between you and me, I'd go to Rick's.

I know these things because I used to be a MAC Tools dealer in Springfield for several years.

I know you're going to want the number, and I'd be happy to get it for you, but I just got a call from my girlfriend and I have to run to dinner right this moment! heheheh I'll look it up later tonight.

Beav
Old 02-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Ricks Automotive
2121 South Campbell Avenue
Springfield, MO 65807
417-887-2225
Old 02-16-2002, 11:31 AM
Snowbird

Thanks a bunch - Beav

Thank you so much for your excellent referral - The dealer I bought my SVX from is only 15 min away from Ricks.

If you ever visit beautiful Vancouver/Whistler, let me know.