Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Unhappy Missed Opportunities

For quite some time now, I've been searching for a successor to the XT6. Not really actively searching all that much, just keeping my eyes out for the rarer Subies that I have a taste for, in a decent price range. A few months ago, I had a chance at RSVX's RX Turbo at a sweet price, but I couldn't secure a ride to Jersey before he got another offer.

Well, I would appear fate has kicked between the legs once more. I was out for a drive a couple of weeks ago, and what should I see for sale, but a 92-94 Legacy Turbo! Of course, I scream to a stop, almost giving my wife whiplast in the process. I get looking at it, and it just screams "The owner doesn't know what they've got, you can get me for a steal!" It's located in what is considered "the slums" in the area, it's sign is a torn piece of cardboard with just "For Sale" in black magic marker, and it's just plain filthy, inside and out. But beneath all the filth, it looks to be in overall good shape, just needs a new fender, corner lens, and a good scrubbing.

So, over the past few weeks, I have stopped to talk to the owner for no less than five times, and each time there was no one home. But last Thursday my heart sank, the car was gone. But it was dark, so I was hoping it was just parked out back. I drove by again tonite, and now I'm starting to think someone may have gotten my car. Oh well, I'll keeping checking back to see if it shows up again, maybe I'll get lucky for a change.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
SVX Appeal

I've had a few of those opportunities go by. Last time however, I ended up with a Laguna 94 with 115k for at least $1000 less than the Grey 92 with 140k I had been looking at. You never know...

I want both of those cars too though, especially the RX.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Wow, I think I just missed another one, too. I just found in the local online classifieds a red '97 Legacy GT with 96K for, get this, $2600! The problem is, the online version is last week's print classifieds. No way that car for that price is still there. But, I'll still call just for the hell of it.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: