SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-10-2004, 10:12 AM

Lamborghini with SVX windows!!!

the lamborghini countache has SVX windows

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/Italian/L.../htmltree.html

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737
Old 12-10-2004, 10:22 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Try driving up to the ATM machine to take money out with that kind of window........I have a hard time with my svx, but then again with a Lamborghini, I'm sure money grows on trees for them!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:30 AM

if you look at theck of a lambo it looks similar to the svx's, back i forgot what model but i remember seeing a pic of one from like accross the room and my first reaction was "svx" ....our jdm hood emblems look like their emblems too by shape ...in a way

by the way who was it that was trying to make their svx look like a lambo...i remember seeing it here

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

Last edited by Phoenix_3737; 12-10-2004 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:56 PM
RobSVX

I used to have an 87 Countach. Actually its the SVX, that has its windows. The Countach started with them in the late 70's with the LP400.
Mine got so much attention, it was almost hard to drive it ! I was surrounded, driving down the road like a Covered Wagon in the 1800s out west.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:57 PM

no offense,..... but why would you go from driving that buetiful piece of machinery to driving an svx???

***sold***

Old 12-10-2004, 10:07 PM

or let me just guess....you have a thing for the windows heh

***sold***

Old 12-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
no offense,..... but why would you go from driving that buetiful piece of machinery to driving an svx???
We have another member here, "lamboman", who is also an ex-countach owner and now has a 96 Polo Green SVX. At Reading he told us many horror stories on clutch replacement and tuning/maintenance.

He originally bought it from ebay; he was the 2nd highest bidder and got it after the winning bidder, who was a little under 6 ft., could not fit into it.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 12-11-2004, 08:07 PM

Exotic insanity

Having owned or brokered many exotics, from Abarth to Zagato, I can assure you that Italian exotics can be incrdeibly expensive to maintain. Parts can be extremely difficult to get due to the extremely low "production" numbers. Cars like the Lambo are essentially hand built by craftsman. They are considerably less expensive to maintain in Italy. For example, I took delivery of a new Moto Guzzi 750 Sport motorcycle in N. Virginia in 1973. This bike cost $2500 when a Honda 750 was $1650. As soon as I fired up the Guzzi I realized it had no air cleaner...on an egine with chrome bores! That meant I could suck in dirt, rocks and small children and ruin the engine in no time. In the course of acquiring a K&N filter set up for the bike from the west coast distributor it was explained to me that the bike rountinely came without air cleaners. They were built that way because in Italy the owners simply had the v twin pushrod engines (think American OHV V8 short 6 cylinders) rebuilt every year or 10,000 miles! In Italy there were/are 1st class mechanics and bike shops on every corner and an engine overhaul v. inexpensive (about a third of the cost for an overhaul here!). In the U.S. you basically could expect to spend 50% of the price of the car in service costs if you kept it for more than a year or two and actually drove it if it was a Lambo, Ferrari or Maserati.
WGJ
Old 12-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
how to win friends and

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
Influence people on the SVX network...

IMO the SVX is STYLED much better than that "buetiful piece" of stuff...
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-12-2004, 01:31 PM
RobSVX

Well, I typically buy/sell exotics to drive.
I've had a BMW 840Ci, M3 and M5, Jag XKR, Vette Z06 (not really an exotic though) and a New Maserati, just to name a few. Never owned more than one at a time, but rotated thru them.
The Countach was a childhood dream and was worth every dime.

I decided a nice house was more important, so I turned in the X-Type Jag (is AWD) and the M3 for the SVX and a house.

The SVX does everyone I need (AWD, decent low-end Torque, Nice Interior, and if someone hits it around here, won't take a year to fix. Also, anything over 90mph is VA, is jail. I've already got too many friends there (its a wkend).
Till I move or get married, this is it...

BTW,
The clutch replacment, requires pulling the Engine, Tranny, and Rear...as their own bolted together as 1 piece is about $12,000. I worked on the car myself, but didn't wanna pull its entire driveline.

Also, you can't compare the SVX to the Countach unless you've owned both... its just silly.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by RobSVX
Well, I typically buy/sell exotics to drive.

Also, you can't compare the SVX to the Countach unless you've owned both... its just silly.
you can compare somehow the looks, they have both some similarities (even though lambo has a more extreme lines)because they are both italian (lambo is italian and giugario is italian). but concerning performance, ohhhhh boy!!!

however, lambo is a supercar whereas SVX is a 2+2...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:20 PM

im not saying anything bad about the svx...are you kidding me that would be a sin ....im just saying you would think that if you had enough money to own a countache you would own something rather than an svx, wich in some cases no cuz i know if i won the lotto id still keep my svx...im just trying to say.... in other words, what made you go from a 200,000 car to a at the most 10-12,000 car...you get what im saying, and you answered my question...its kinda like having goerge bush build a house here in laredo lol

***sold***