Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

hey dork a$$ don't be dissing my spelling when you don't have a grasp on the english language yourself

Kelli
doh...you caught me. hand in the cookie jar.

<Harry's face turns red.>

I'm Saawwry.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:56 PM

tis okay spankie, just realize this, females are always right...one way or the other...lol

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:02 PM

uh huh....you don't expect me to let that comment slide do you?

i agree with you 100%. females are always right...except that 70% of the time they are always wrong.

but that's ok cause i think you are right all the time even if you're wrong!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Certified Porschephile

Ok. 1st of all, I was agreeing with you. I don't have inclination to start ticketing people in a mall parking lot for being out of the lines. You did correctly understand why we write certain offense and why certain reports can be taken. Good job. All townships/borughs/cities have seperate ordinaces that can supercede state motor code offenses. You need to check with the town you were cited in. On a PA traffic citation you have to check statute or ordinance when filling it out. It could fall under one or another or sometimes both. We also have a full time parking authority that handles most parking issues in the city. They do NOT fall under the police, and they reguarly cite officers personal vehicles. I think it's jealousy or spite personally. But in smaller towns you have officers with idle time and nothing to do. We are far from having that problem so we usually don't have time to write parking tickets. Now on a city/township/borough street, you can be cited for parking incorrectly, to close to corner, etc... As for nj, I was born there in 1970 and moved to PA in 1996, except for the time I spent in Texas (GREAT place!!!!!) with the Air Force. I would never move back to nj of my own accord. I am MUCH happier in PA. There are somethings about nj I would like to see them do in PA, but as PA is a Commonwealth and not a state they seem to be a little slower in advancing some issues. I don't want to get to far off topic. Remember the billboard that used to greet you coming across the Ben Franklin Bridge into Philly a few years back? It said "America Starts Here" meaning Philly and the Declaration of Independence. nj protested and had it taken down. Seems people understood it to mean crossing the Delaware River meant you were entering America. All those people couldn't have been wrong............
Old 12-01-2003, 05:39 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Thanks Kelli! See, I knew she'd have the answer. Now I owe you a kiss :-*

Harry, my point with the other cars was that they were all doing something that actually WAS against the law and NONE of them had tickets (yes, they were there at the same time).

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM

PA_SVX cool. we are on the same side. . i misread your post i guess. i thought you meant that you should be able to write tickets for like a mall parking lot. i think that that is plain stupid, so you mispark a little at walmart...who cares right. i'm glad i live in georgia where we don't have those metermaids. or giving out tickets for stupid stuff like that. but then again, i guess we have a pretty bad crime rate. cops could get jacked by the time they finished writing a ticket. i mean here in some clubs a officer goes to answer a disturbance call and after being there for 5 minutes, some one or two hispanics decide to shank the officer to death. sucks. you really have to be here to see some of the crap that goes on here. the other day i saw 6 hispanics fighting each other in the parking lot a solo or even duo cop would be insane to try to break that up without backup. which reminds me i need to let a friend of mine who'll be transferring that area to be wary of certain places.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: