IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2001, 04:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Originally posted on Sat. 9/22/01 at Yahoo SVX Club site:

As many of you know, I wanted to buy 4 new Yokohamma AVS-db tires. I tried to get these tires but they seem to be "out of stock or back ordered" all over. So this morning I bought 4 Dunlop Sport SP-5000 AS-ymetrical tires. The installed cost was $667.18 at NTB (owned by Sears). This includes NTB's road hazzard warranty (but no sales tax in DE). These Dunlops are not as crisp handling as the Toyo Proxes T1-S tires that were replaced. But the Toyo's were W-rated summer performance tires, while the Dunlops are W-rated all-season performance tires. They are alot quieter than the Toyo's, but I can still hear different road surfaces. At first I thought that one tire was insalled backwards. The tread pattern is that weird. Even some of the NTB guys couldn't figure it out. Good thing Dunlop embossed the right direction on each tire. I have extra rims, so I kept one Toyo mounted on a wheel. No my trunk has the doughnut plus a full sized spare as my "just in case insurance".

Larry III
1) I wish you guys would stop all the "Puntificating" because I laugh so hard that I become deflated.
2) On my home computer I seem to have lost the copy/paste feature from Yahoo to here & vice versa. That's why I posted it here today and not Sat. morn. After only a weekend of driving, I will say that the Toyos made me a more confident driver. I haven't found the limits on these Dunlops yet. But there is a decreasing radius turn with improper (reverse) banking (I just love the way they design roads around here) that is on my way home. The Toyos would start to scream and the front end would plow at 93mph. I'll test the Dunlops tonight.