Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-07-2001, 03:40 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: SVX is why I'm single!

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
I spend so much money on my car I don't have the means to date or have a relationship! I think my relationship with the SVX is more satisfying anyway I can't fit anyone in my life that would take time away from the car.

Jeff

Give me a huge high 5! Well put!

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-07-2001, 04:19 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Oh yeah, and the SVX doesn't talk back to you either and doesn't mind if you lock it in a hot garage for days at a time. But it would be cool to have a Night Rider-like car that talks to you.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2001, 04:24 PM
Lowered SVX

this is gotten way out of hand......

john.....that was really funny and well written.....hahahaha.....you guys are so nuts......see what you started kathy!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-07-2001, 04:47 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Wisdom and Experience

Hey, I have to raise my voice for the defense of us older guys. We may have a lot of miles on us, but we can still get down the road. Most of us are even housebroken! Jean tell me she just has too much invested in my training to give me up at the moment.... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 11-07-2001, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
Oh yeah, and the SVX doesn't talk back to you either and doesn't mind if you lock it in a hot garage for days at a time. But it would be cool to have a Night Rider-like car that talks to you.

Jeff
That is what I am trying to do. I guess time to put the computer back in the car again. I hate the setup though.... Damn.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-07-2001, 06:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Yes, Kathy, I think an ISO for SVXers is a brilliant idea.
In fact I'll try to set the tone for you.

Ahem...(clearing frogs & toads from throat)

Male, white, widowed, semi-elderly, Danny DiV...uh, Brad Pitt look-alike (see other posts for defination), short, paunchy, balding, but ugly, SVX owner; seeks trim, leggy, voluptous, female SVX owner ages 35 - 50, (oh, hell go for it) 21 - 45. Prefer intellectual type, but if under the age of 30, the ability to find Canada on a map will suffice. Applicant must love housework, cooking, lawn maintenance & be athletic, as I love billiards, darts & poker. Talent with automobile repair a big plus, & having her own complete toolbox
a deal clincher. Race unimportant, as I can't run all that fast anyway. Love to share long walks on the beach, & cuddling by the fireplace as long as no conversation ensues. Non-drinker & non-smoker preferred, unless you bring your own booze & cigarettes, in which case we can share. No baggage preferred, although a small purse with a healthy checkbook is certainly acceptable. Musical tastes must include 50's doowop, 60' psychedelic rock, Freddie & the Dreamers, & Eva Cassidy. I'm independently wealthy, with over 3 month's rent in the bank, so no goldbrickers, please. Will accept any color SVX in my driveway, but if it's black, be prepared to tie a 'possum tail to the antenna to distinguish it from mine.

OK, ladies, line forms at my e-mail address. No phone calls please, as I cancelled call-waiting.

Dream-date, Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:21 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Thumbs up Nice

Good bio Ron, that outta get the ladies lining up at your door.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:30 PM
The Road Less Traveled

John: ROFLMAO!!! Of course, first tranny went probably because you lost your cool.

Kathy: You must've confused this club for something else. It's S-V-X. Don't confuse the V with an E, despite whatever the 13 year old rotten kid did mental torturing you for 2 days.

Ron: If Larry continues to think I'm "Vicky" or "Cecilia", he may start pitching me at you, seeing I actually know where Canada is, eh?

VK
Old 11-08-2001, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
John: ROFLMAO!!! Of course, first tranny went probably because you lost your cool.

Kathy: You must've confused this club for something else. It's S-V-X. Don't confuse the V with an E, despite whatever the 13 year old rotten kid did mental torturing you for 2 days.

Ron: If Larry continues to think I'm "Vicky" or "Cecilia", he may start pitching me at you, seeing I actually know where Canada is, eh?

VK
I saw the comments but refresh my mind again pls. How did a grown man become cecilia? Who is Cecilia? Is she cute?

Lwin
Old 11-08-2001, 09:21 AM
The Road Less Traveled

LarryIII in his wisdom (read: OLD AGE ) somehow marked me down as Cecilia in his 10th Anniversary Meet list.

This all surfaced after his suggestion to convoy with Nvrmore to Lafayette.

As for whether Cecilia is cute or not, you'd have to ask Larry. I don't know where that name came from, but it HAS to come from someone he knows.

So... Larry... Fess Up... Who's Cecilia? What've you been hiding from us and the Beautiful Naviguesser??? Huh? Huh?

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

I saw the comments but refresh my mind again pls. How did a grown man become cecilia? Who is Cecilia? Is she cute?

Lwin

Last edited by vkykam; 11-08-2001 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:22 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
Is it just me....

or do I hear a whole pack of dogs barking?

Yea.. I thoght about something like that. Especially when just the other day I found out that the Yahoo free personals are NOT free anymore! I was ticked! There went my last chance to find a date. Looks like its just me, my car, and this server.

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2
Old 11-08-2001, 06:22 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Helooooo Kath! (If I may call you that)

Well, hello there. I too am a single SVX owner, and I'm in the market for a nice single SVX lady. I'm 19, tall, brown hair, blue eyes, but none of that matters. Here's the important stuff. KC intake AND exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 30% window tint all around, and, in case you're into those smart computer types, a Power Chip. Now, I'm not sure if you're one of those "stock" purists, but if ya give me a chance you'll never want stock again. Oh...so you want a man with a plan, with securtiy. Well, I PLAN on getting 18" rims, and for the securtiy, I'm gonna persue the cross drilled rotors and braided brake lines. But even if that doesn't work out, I still have the security of full time all wheel drive. Now if that's not the perfect package, then I don't know what you want. Hahahaha. Just kidding. I'm really a college dork who's either doing homework or, uhhhh, doing homework. Now I don't care if you call me a dork, or if you call me a geek, or if you call me a loser, just call me! A singles forum would be fun, but, like er'body's sayin', there aren't enough chicas.
Mat-1

BTW...I didn't read all the prior posts, so if there's another post attempting to be clever and humorous in an attempt to parallel the SVX and dating. I apologize. Ohhhh, that would be so emberassing on my first date post.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 11-08-2001, 08:10 PM
ekprintsos

i've never laughed so hard in my life...

Ohhh guys, thanks for the laughs tonight.
I needed them.

OH BOY...WHAT DID I START!! AND THERE ARE NO GIRLS ON THIS SITE TO DEFEND ME.

Sir Lawrence...Your Naviguesser is a lucky lady! (you forget that I've met you before (a year ago at the VT meet) and I dont' remember you being short, or ugly-but rather very distinguished looking and you have a good sense of humor).

Jeff: I run into the same problem...the men I date talk back and tell me how i SHOULD DRIVE MY CAR (slow)! My svx just lets me drive! If only...

Dream date Ron: Wow, what a description...the girls will be lining up shortly

John19688 Member (Extra Crispy): NICE!!!
SEND ME A PIX...

Matt honey, good post...nice try.

KATHY.