Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-07-2001, 02:25 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Got my car back with a newer engine!

I was expecting to be without my car through Christmas, but I got it back today, with a nice "newer" engine. The new engine put in my car has 67,000 miles. I don't know the details of the car it came out of, but I'll research that. Maybe the salvage yard has more parts. Also, they put in 2 new engine mounts (2 were broken) for free and just charged me the parts price at cost. The dealer was excellent. Now we'll just have to see how excellent this new engine is! Oh, does anyone know if and where the VIN number is stamped on the engine?

My car's odometer just rolled over to 115,000, so I dropped 48,000 in a lot of spots in just a month.

This whole situation has been a nightmare, but it seems to have a happy ending so far. Thanks for the support, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll find most of the story in the "Technical" section.

Once I am sure this engine is working, I'll be writing a very nice thank you letter to the dealership thanking them for their professionalism and dedication to customer service and satisfaction. I will also post my original 6 page diatribe I sent to them that got me this new engine.

Thanks again everyone,

Jeff
Old 12-07-2001, 02:49 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Got my car back with a newer engine!

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
I was expecting to be without my car through Christmas, but I got it back today, with a nice "newer" engine. The new engine put in my car has 67,000 miles. I don't know the details of the car it came out of, but I'll research that. Maybe the salvage yard has more parts. Also, they put in 2 new engine mounts (2 were broken) for free and just charged me the parts price at cost. The dealer was excellent. Now we'll just have to see how excellent this new engine is! Oh, does anyone know if and where the VIN number is stamped on the engine?

My car's odometer just rolled over to 115,000, so I dropped 48,000 in a lot of spots in just a month.

This whole situation has been a nightmare, but it seems to have a happy ending so far. Thanks for the support, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll find most of the story in the "Technical" section.

Once I am sure this engine is working, I'll be writing a very nice thank you letter to the dealership thanking them for their professionalism and dedication to customer service and satisfaction. I will also post my original 6 page diatribe I sent to them that got me this new engine.

Thanks again everyone,

Jeff
At this point, Jeff. I don't think I'd even THINK about selling her. She's practically re-built now. New tranny, "new" engine . . . I say KEEP HER!!!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-07-2001, 03:36 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Hope you can keep her

I hope this means you won't have to sell.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:56 PM
Lowered SVX

you are super lucky.....

just to have a great dealer in your area!! not to mention the new engine. good luck.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 12-07-2001, 03:58 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
It seems like a tragedy to have to sell, but I still may. I am probably going to put her up on Ebay (with a reserve) and if I don't get at least $6,000, I won't sell. No harm to me except the Ebay fees. The only reason I want to sell now is while everything is under warranty and someone would probably pay more for that peace of mind and the loads of new parts I have.

I have a backup for my SVX now, so she won't get abused so much if I keep her, an '87 Honda Accord hatchback that is approaching the 170,000 mile mark. Runs like a champ except the A/C compressor is broken and it needs to be converted. And remember, I live in Florida, so after February A/C is a must. Acutally it's been in the 80's all week, so we are still using it!

Anyone got $6,000 and want to buy her???? I originally wanted $5,000, but she's lost 48,000 in engine miles in the course of a month

Jeff
Old 12-08-2001, 04:17 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
It seems like a tragedy to have to sell, but I still may. I am probably going to put her up on Ebay (with a reserve) and if I don't get at least $6,000, I won't sell. No harm to me except the Ebay fees. ......

Anyone got $6,000 and want to buy her???? I originally wanted $5,000, but she's lost 48,000 in engine miles in the course of a month
Jeff
well, disappointment!
you still don't know and may sell your car....
can see that you do not love your svx as much as us...
well, not going to waste time to ask you to "KEEP" or "SELL"..her
*sigh* it's you yourself to make your final decision.

sorry can't help you! no thanks! if I have $6K, i won't buy yours.....because your current SVX still has a lot higher miles than my '92 & my tranny is in good shape & newer than yours..still..

IF i want to buy another one in the future, i'll check for '94 or '97.
either '94 - faster to 60 probably can go up to 150++ or
'97 - slower in 60 & only up to 136 but more more newer..

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05