Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2016, 05:10 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

Are they wanting the full payment? It was my understanding we were going to pay half upfront, then the other half when they were ready to ship out? Please tell me if im wrong.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
Are they wanting the full payment? It was my understanding we were going to pay half upfront, then the other half when they were ready to ship out? Please tell me if im wrong.
Yeah it sure looks like they want full payment. Going to take me a few weeks to come up with it.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

I'm also getting over the quoted price after adding my shipping info.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:37 PM

Registered SVX

Yeah If we are having to pay 100% up front it will take me 2 weeks give or take. It does say in the email "we ship internationally and have a verity of payment options". Not too sure what they mean by that though.

Edit : I just sent them a message regarding the situation. I'll let every one know what they say if they reply.

Last edited by DallasSVX92; 03-22-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:45 PM

Paid.

I have their SVX coilovers and am happy with them, even with the long wait. So, I am expecting another long wait - but I do trust them to deliver.

Seems like a reasonable price to me. One of the SVX forums has a recent thread selling a used Aluminum radiator for $500. I believe it sold too. If the quality is on par with the coilovers it's a bargain. <edit> It's two posts below this one. </edit>
Old 03-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

It is my understanding that the first production prototype will be given to the person who provifed the original radiator, to test for fitment and quality issues. Once it is given the approval and everyone is happy, then they will begin production on the rest after all orders have been paid for.

"We are going to finishing up the technical drawing, and send it out to get the parts prepared, and get the first one made to send out. We feel the person who donated the stock radiator will be the first one to receive the aluminum radiator, and he can verify fitment, and the quality so that everyone has some peace of mind. Once he installs the first unit, and we get the go signal, we will produce the rest of the orders for everyone."

"So at this time, we simply have verbal commitments from everyone, and a few reached out to me wanting me to extend the time before taking the orders cause they didn't want to miss out on this opportunity which is understandable. Now that is squared away, the next step is to now to make it official, and get everyone paid up, and make sure that people were not pulling my leg, and are really committed to making this happen. Once everyone on board is paid up, we will get this rolling! I'm confident we have more than enough people, and people with payment on hand to get this going. Thanks again!"

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-23-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:39 PM

Registered SVX

So I just got a reply email from AMR. I told them that we were told, and I quote Gwynethh's original post.

"Andy from AMR also had this to say:
If you can get a group buy going, have them pay 50 percent down, and allow us 8 weeks to produce them then we can do it."

They told me that was wrong. Since I didnt physically see the email discussion, i guess i cant say that is what was exactly said. But if it was true, them they should honor whay they promised. Hopfully they will allow some extra time for people to be able to pay. If i were to get screwed out of a good deal like this one, id be pretty upset.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
So I just got a reply email from AMR. I told them that we were told, and I quote Gwynethh's original post.

"Andy from AMR also had this to say:
If you can get a group buy going, have them pay 50 percent down, and allow us 8 weeks to produce them then we can do it."

They told me that was wrong. Since I didnt physically see the email discussion, i guess i cant say that is what was exactly said. But if it was true, them they should honor whay they promised. Hopfully they will allow some extra time for people to be able to pay. If i were to get screwed out of a good deal like this one, id be pretty upset.
I think I forwarded some bad info at first (50% down). Can you pay by credit card and will your card be charged before the item ships?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Wiring to see how the prototype fits. Potential problems involve mounting pins, clearances to front of engine, fan mounting misalignments, etc on a real SVX

I remember the first horror stories on the first plug-and-play Ceika coilovers and the first batch of PWR radiators. Not quite the drop-in everyone was expecting.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Who sent in the SVX radiator?
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynethh View Post
I think I forwarded some bad info at first (50% down). Can you pay by credit card and will your card be charged before the item ships?
Ill be able to pay for it in full, the only thing ill have to set aside half now (since i get paid tomorrow ) and the other half will be 2 weeks from now.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:35 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

To those who have paid. Are what price are you seeing? Does it end up being the $325 shipped as mentioned in the first post or is it more?

I have an email going with Andy because when I check out it comes to $343. Not a big deal but its still more than what was quoted.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:27 PM

$295.00 Radiator
$40.82 Shipping to SoCal

$335.82 Total paid via PayPal
Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 PM

When I signed up for the piece originally(on AMR) I got a "we''ll send you an email when available".. No communication thus far. One of their later emails said.."when all are paid up we'll get thing (sic) rolling". I would at least like to hear that the prototype is a fit w/o problems needing to be readdressed before paying the entire sum. Shipping from WA to NC per their checkout site adds almost 20% to the $295 cost of the radiator....I shipped 2 265/60-18 tires to CA for the cost of their 15lb radiator S/H !!

Price even with hefty shipping isn't bad but need to know someone has fitted one w/o problems. Web site when I first looked into this part suggested they had already made SVX radiators in the past so R&D should have already been done or am I wrong on this ??
Old 03-29-2016, 04:06 PM

Registered SVX

You will want to be super patient, I believe it'll pay off.

I'm not in on this AMR buy, but I was in on the original AMR coilover buy and it took at least a year. Andy will be ill, have employee troubles, re-tooling, moving, buying new computers since his were stolen, etc, etc, etc. He seems to have improved but he takes longer than expected and always has a reason. Maybe he's just very unlucky.

My coilovers, to me, were well worth the year + wait. I'd have gotten in on this radiator buy had I not picked up a PWR a while back. If experience is any indication, he will say that they are just about done for a long time and, then, they will suddenly be done and be pretty amazing.