SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Send a message via AIM to apocalixto
i need a motor

hey everybody,

as some of you have heard, i have now a desperate need for a motor. i blew my motor this past Saturday due to oil starvation. I had just done the head gaskets and believe that the shop that did it has something to do with the motor blowing up.

the motor is completely locked up. if anybody knows of a motor that is available please let me know!

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
4.44 AWD swap w/ Quick Change
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM

Registered SVX
Re: i need a motor

I sold YourConfused the motor out of my 94 Pearl. He is in Austin, TX. I think he was going to do a rebuild on it. Ask him he wants to sell it. He told me he didnt really need another engine, but since I sold it so cheap, he decided to buy it and tinker with it.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalixto View Post
hey everybody,I had just done the head gaskets and believe that the shop that did it has something to do with the motor blowing up.
Have you tried to get any satisfaction out of the shop that did your head gaskets?

dcb
Old 02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

he is using it to build. the motor out of his car is now with cozykat as far as i understand. she spun a rod bearing in her motor and is doing a rebuild on hers as well. i haven't gotten him on the phone yet, but i will today most likely...just waiting on him to call me back.

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Try PMing "mikecg" He was selling a machined block as well as a machined crank that just needed the bearings. He also had a set of rods and pistons that were not machined and at the time I was talking to him he also had a full gasket set laying around. He was selling it for a great price as well, but I just don't have the money.

Found the thread...
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...d+engine+block

He's in Nevada.

-Nate
Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM

I have a motor sitting in my garage from a '92 with 160k mi on it. Had to scavenge it for some sensors and it needs a reseal. I'll sell it for cheap since I'd like to get it out of my way. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by Maxo; 02-10-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: type-o
Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Almost forgot!

Some of the local Impreza guys found another SVX down here in the junk yard!

Not even touched yet!

Don't know if the motor is good still, but it might be worth a shot?

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
There is no charge for Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Chuckles
Registered SVX
Lightbulb Re: i need a motor

Benztech55 is parting out his car, I know his motor is still in one piece, PM him too, his ride (to my knowledge) was fine, just had a little accident that bent the frame.

92' Subaru SVX LS-L Claret http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3214312 for the pics and stuff
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

hey everybody.
update:
i bought a motor from CNS in El Monte, Cali. they are the people that have them up on ebay. everybody that i have talked to said that they haven't heard any horror stories about these motors. lets hope this stays true. i should receive it on wednesday or thursday. lets see how it goes.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 AM
do da stanky leggggg!

so i found out what happened to my motor today. a piston exploded????? cylinder walls cracked and a rod was sent through a water jacket...so basically the motor is completely toast i am thinking.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:15 AM

10 characters.

Last edited by essveeexxee; 10-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
do da stanky leggggg!

what they were saying is that the motor burned off the oil when the piston gave out.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 AM

10 characters.

Last edited by essveeexxee; 10-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to OrionMCO Send a message via Yahoo to OrionMCO

The first car I drove (ford probe) ended this way. I had some work done on it and about a week later no oil Never lived that one down. Probably wasn't completely my fault. Good luck with the new motor.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 AM
do da stanky leggggg!

i have no idea whose fault this is. its one of 3...mine, the shop, or the motor itself. i wish i had a pole on it. maybe i could get an idea.