How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2008, 03:57 PM

noob: Just bought my second SVX

Hey guys&gals, I just bought my 2nd SVX. I had one when I was 17 but sold it b/c I did my undergrad studies oversea. I came back to the States for my masters, and just picked up my 2nd SVX.

my first one was a green 92 LS-L, LOVED IT. I knew I wanted it since I was a kid. It had motorsportwarehouse (I think that was the shops name) exhaust, intake, and subs (gotta have subs in high school!). I took it to the drag strip regularly (lol) and thought I was sooooo cool running 16s haha.

well, I just bought a maroon 92 LS-L. I have to move next summer so it'll probably up for sale this spring....but I'm afraid I might get too attached to it again The blue FC in the background is my roommates and is for sale if anyone is interested.

parked with my toyota

I think I was on this site back in like 2000-2001 but the site wasnt nearly as informative as it is now!! Anywho, just wanted to say hi.

Oh, I also speak perfect Japanese and Engrish so if you guys need any simple translations done, lemme know. I could probably translate almost anything but I don't have the time being a grad student...

Last edited by coco-puff; 12-14-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Re: noob: Just bought my second SVX

Wow you got a Lexus too? nice.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Hi "coco", Glad to see you made it back home in one piece. And of course you now have the BEST color for the SVX. Have a nice year end. Take care, BOBB
Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 PM

thanks guys!

and Lexus? It's a Toyota!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

lol.........

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco-puff View Post
thanks guys!

and Lexus? It's a Toyota!
Well if you are gonna call it a Toyota then why did you buy a lexus?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownbot View Post
Well if you are gonna call it a Toyota then why did you buy a lexus?
Why not? Practically every other country does (including Toyota/Lexus' country).
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Ew.. I really didn't know that Toyota and Lexus were the same thing, so I looked it up..

I don't like Lexus anymore..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Ew.. I really didn't know that Toyota and Lexus were the same thing, so I looked it up..

Just to save you the impending shock: Acura is Honda, Infinity is Nissan, and the SVX is a Subaru.

Edit: What do you have against Toyota? They even own 16% of Fuji Heavy Industries.
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Zandar; 12-16-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Just to save you the impending shock: Acura is Honda, Infinity is Nissan, and the SVX is a Subaru.

Edit: What do you have against Toyota? They even own 16% of Fuji Heavy Industries.
SVX is a Subaru?!?! Since when?! lol

Yeah I knew about the Acura and the Honda being the same due to the infamous NSX. Nissan and Infinity kinda look similar and I really didn't care for either anyway..
As for what I have against Toyota, nothing really.. I just don't like them as much as Lexus.. Hence my disapointment.. I don't like the same thing I liked.. How confusing..
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

I don't either.

But I LOVE my GS and the SC300. I love the car, could care less for the "brand" or the L badge.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 AM
One teal and One yellow

Could you translate 14474 for me?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX

I think my next truck will be a toyota....no more GM crap
Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian

Does Toyota sell 600# torque diesels in the USA yet? Don't feel the need for another gas truck...

I'm glad to hear someone calls the Lexus what it really is, Lexus is just a name for dumb Americans it helps sell more cars, no one wants a fancy Toyota, but a Lexus...now you are important
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian View Post
I'm glad to hear someone calls the Lexus what it really is, Lexus is just a name for dumb Americans it helps sell more cars, no one wants a fancy Toyota, but a Lexus...now you are important
Man, some people who I know are going to have a HELL of a wake up call.. Maybe it's time for a Benz..