Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I kill more trannies then god

all i know is i drove it for a good 20 min, then let my sister drive it then my dad drove it and it runs fantastic. and i am still deeply confused, makes me wonder if their is untapped power in the eg33 that the ecu know about but doesn't make use of. If that makes any sense?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
all i know is i drove it for a good 20 min, then let my sister drive it then my dad drove it and it runs fantastic. and i am still deeply confused, makes me wonder if their is untapped power in the eg33 that the ecu know about but doesn't make use of. If that makes any sense?
yeah, it is remarkable... Most cars let you know right away that something is wrong with the timing
added to the list of things to one day understand
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
“6 volts trevor, i checked them yesterday before i posted this,”
I think he mentioned that it was in the ON position, not running.

I get 9 volts or less on many of the 12v sources until it is running.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
I think he mentioned that it was in the ON position, not running.

I get 9 volts or less on many of the 12v sources until it is running.
It was not mention but one would assume that the engine was not running during the voltage testing at the coils. If the test was correctly carried out this surely indicates an absolute fault. The problem is that no tests have been definitive and the opposite non suspect cylinder bank should have been tested, by way of a direct comparison.

It is my contention that the tests in respect of the ignition must have been in error. Logical fact is involved, not mystical magic.

If you have circuits which are directly supplied from the battery and which measure only 9 volts or less when there is 12 volts at the battery, you have serious voltage drop problems.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
It was not mention but one would assume that the engine was not running during the voltage testing at the coils.
... yes one would! i should have stated, without a jumper wire or jumper box for that matter, either would suffice

Quote:
If you have circuits which are directly supplied from the battery and which measure only 9 volts or less when there is 12 volts at the battery, you have serious voltage drop problems.
I know you're not from here, but I have a "wal-mart" (cheap) battery with probably a collapsed plate and has been dead cold in winter

It keeps running though and I'm sure plenty of other people on the cheap have done the same... As long as it gets the car running, my 120amp alt handles the rest. Yes, I do have some issues... which is why I am systematicly replacing the wiring as I mess with it. I had some major issues that actually ended up being cracks in the maf wires like halfway down the loom... i'm more than 150% sure that I have wires in the same condition in plenty of other places... will rectify in due time!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:12 PM

Registered SVX
Hi Mike,

I keep reading about all sorts of problems which do not plague me. All wiring and bits and pieces on my 92 SVX are perfect, as are those on the little 1971 FF1 Subby I took for a spin this morning. However there has been some rust, now repaired, in the door panels of the FF1.

In Auckland we have the sea east and west 10 - 15 miles apart, so are not blessed with perfect conditions. What the hell is in the air up your way? Is it globular warmed or something? Or is it that most cars lack a nice homely garage at night time.

Cheers and watch that wobbly plate, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Locker Link Solution

mostly what they put on the roads...

don't know what causes our plastic stuff to degrade soo much quicker Acid deposition is all that comes to mind.