How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Nothing concrete. Just took a few minutes to rough in a couple CAD's. One wilwood to SVX and one monoblock to SVX. I'll have more info in a couple weeks after I get a Wilwood bracket and some dimensions I need.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
nicely done.

Tom
Old 12-23-2007, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
Just looking at some of your other posts and such gives me the feeling your going to be making some SERIOUS progress in the field of svx performance. I'lll keep an eye on this thread, and mabey start reconsidering my plans for this year's tax return
ditto! looking over some of your posts and such, your becomeing an asset to this community!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
ditto! looking over some of your posts and such, your becomeing an asset to this community!
Aside from the hardcore computer programming tech and suspension spring making(expensive expensive machines), I can do anything you guys would want. I cater to small run/prototyping for groups like this on the side and don't mind lending a hand or information when needed.

If there's something else this community could use that doesn't exist start a new thread, get my attention in it, and I'll work what I can One off coilovers, tubular suspension components, etc.

-Adam
Old 12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
Aside from the hardcore computer programming tech and suspension spring making(expensive expensive machines), I can do anything you guys would want. I cater to small run/prototyping for groups like this on the side and don't mind lending a hand or information when needed.

If there's something else this community could use that doesn't exist start a new thread, get my attention in it, and I'll work what I can One off coilovers, tubular suspension components, etc.

-Adam
Adam,
Faster steering rack!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Adam,
Faster steering rack!
-Bill
+1!!!!!!

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I will buy an adaptor the second you have them available... I only hope I can still run 17" wheels.. If not oh well.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

I see we have a few auto crossers here eh I sold the rack from the donor car to Benztech55(Robert) so I don't have one to rework internal components for a quicker ratio. If I had one to borrow I can easily CNC internals to make the rack have a quicker ratio. What is the stock ratio anyway?

I have to go out to meet up with Benztech55 at his place in a couple weeks to pick up an empty front diff case/bell housing. I can ask him if he's got a bad/blown rack I can borrow for awhile to get dimensions from.

Quote:
Adam,
Faster steering rack!
-Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
+1!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I will buy an adaptor the second you have them available... I only hope I can still run 17" wheels.. If not oh well.
I usualy try to work the setups withing 17" parameters as i'm not fond of wheels bigger than that. I usually squeeze a 360m rotor(~14") with the 6 piston Brembos under most 17" wheels with some finiky work. 380mm is a different story.

I have to get some information from Wilwood and find my PDF file on the monoblock 6 piston caliper. I think i may have deleted it by accident last week, but have it on CD somewhere in this mess of a desk

-Adam
Old 12-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
sweetness! one of coilovers?! i think our megan racing group buy fell through by now def something many would be interested in i think! i know i would!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
sweetness! one of coilovers?! i think our megan racing group buy fell through by now def something many would be interested in i think! i know i would!
Before you get your panties all wet I can just about guarantee they'd cost a moon full more than the Megan parts. They're quite a step up from the typical "import" sleeve-over-strut type coilover that's commonly on the market. I typicall use Ohlins or DMS internals in my own housings and mounts. Average cost for a full set floats the $2500 range and options like remote reservoir, pillowball tops hats, adjustable camber.castor plates, etc adds to the cost.

I am looking into the use of KSport internals on the inboard coilovers I'm developing for the kit car. I'd more than likley use them on anything I made for the SVX, but the price would still probably fall around $1500 for a set. But then again they are true, adjustable C/R coilovers.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I see we have a few auto crossers here eh I sold the rack from the donor car to Benztech55(Robert) so I don't have one to rework internal components for a quicker ratio. If I had one to borrow I can easily CNC internals to make the rack have a quicker ratio. What is the stock ratio anyway?

I have to go out to meet up with Benztech55 at his place in a couple weeks to pick up an empty front diff case/bell housing. I can ask him if he's got a bad/blown rack I can borrow for awhile to get dimensions from.
Who, me?
Stock = 3 turns lock to lock...would be nice to also go with a better, quick release steering wheel (no airbag!).
-Bill
p.s. I've got to believe that YT has a spare rack lying around in his new shop that could support the cause

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 12-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Adam,
KSport? There's an on-going thread over on the SCCA site that details several folks' issues with KSport struts (http://sccaforums.com/forums/post/277528.aspx). I agree that Ohlins or DMS internals are the top shelf way to go, but cost an arm and a let (how sweet would remote reservoir Ohlins be?) I tried to work with DMS about a year ago without a whole lot of success. Our Australian brothers have had more success with DMS and actually have their coilover set ups installed on their SVXi. I have found an Australian company I'm working with right now on pillowball camber/caster plates - I should have a set installed in Jan/Feb and I'll be posting a group buy as soon as I'm certain they work perfectly.
-Bill

My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 12-24-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

3 turns to lock to lock....would you like 2, 2.5, 2.13562352, etc? Once I have a rack I can look into that.

DMS and OHLINS are super nice indeed and have worked well with what I've done in the past.

The KSport issues have been known. They're not a true race coilover by any means but suit most people just fine for the price factor involved. I meant to say KW though, not KSport Oppps. KW's are my overall choice for anything german, unless I'm building an all out circuit car then I choose Moton(Cha-ching$$$$$$)

DMS components are gooood. I love their stff on rally cars as they can just take some serious abuse in off road applications.

-Adam

Quote:
Adam,
KSport? There's an on-going thread over on the SCCA site that details several folks' issues with KSport struts (http://sccaforums.com/forums/post/277528.aspx). I agree that Ohlins or DMS internals are the top shelf way to go, but cost an arm and a let (how sweet would remote reservoir Ohlins be?) I tried to work with DMS about a year ago without a whole lot of success. Our Australian brothers have had more success with DMS and actually have their coilover set ups installed on their SVXi. I have found an Australian company I'm working with right now on pillowball camber/caster plates - I should have a set installed in Jan/Feb and I'll be posting a group buy as soon as I'm certain they work perfectly.
-Bill
Old 12-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
3 turns to lock to lock....would you like 2, 2.5, 2.13562352, etc? Once I have a rack I can look into that.

DMS and OHLINS are super nice indeed and have worked well with what I've done in the past.

The KSport issues have been known. They're not a true race coilover by any means but suit most people just fine for the price factor involved. I meant to say KW though, not KSport Oppps. KW's are my overall choice for anything german, unless I'm building an all out circuit car then I choose Moton(Cha-ching$$$$$$)

DMS components are gooood. I love their stff on rally cars as they can just take some serious abuse in off road applications.

-Adam
Adam,
2 turns lock-to-lock would be outstanding....I'd try it out on the SVreX II first, as it's my dedicated race SVX (i.e., not street legal) to confirm that it isn't too fast for normal street use
-Bill

My Locker