Old 04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Yup. It's all a conspiracy.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Price. Same reason contractors primarily use Ford trucks. They are noticeably cheaper than GM trucks.
city cops here drive Impalas.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Certified Porschephile

Here is some enlightenment Dayle. No harm no foul. In 1996 75% of all Police Vehicle in the United States were Chevys. Then GM killed the Caprice. We bought Luminas the next year. There were small, underpowered, and FWD. We have had Fords every year since. The Impala is smaller and FWD. Hence, Ford now rules a market that GM abandoned. Ford didn't win out on content, but as being the last one standing. Ford is also being sued by the nation Fraternal Order of Police over fires from Crown Vics being rear ended. Sounds like the pinto all over again. Ford said there is no problem, but recommends the use of carbon fiber impact shields in the trunk. Dayle if you like it get it, but don't try to call me informed, when I'm on the frontline everyday with these POS vehicles. If you find any cop that likes a Crown Vic, it's because he never drives it like a cop car. The Caprice was the last great cruiser. Damn GM.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
Here is some enlightenment Dayle. No harm no foul. In 1996 75% of all Police Vehicle in the United States were Chevys. Then GM killed the Caprice. We bought Luminas the next year. There were small, underpowered, and FWD. We have had Fords every year since. The Impala is smaller and FWD. Hence, Ford now rules a market that GM abandoned. Ford didn't win out on content, but as being the last one standing. Ford is also being sued by the nation Fraternal Order of Police over fires from Crown Vics being rear ended. Sounds like the pinto all over again. Ford said there is no problem, but recommends the use of carbon fiber impact shields in the trunk. Dayle if you like it get it, but don't try to call me informed, when I'm on the frontline everyday with these POS vehicles. If you find any cop that likes a Crown Vic, it's because he never drives it like a cop car. The Caprice was the last great cruiser. Damn GM.
You can bring up any quotes, #s and or opinions you like all day long
I would never own or drive a Crapice or GM of that nature.
Ill take my chances on a Maruader, and since I only need to please
myself, it works out perfect

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-12-2005, 01:15 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
I guess this puts a new spin on why Chrysler decided to show off a Dodge Charger police cruiser police cruiser at the New York Auto Show. I wonder how Ford is gonna respond to this, of course one thing going for the current Crown Victoria is it is larger. All I can say is if this Charger sells well in Police Departments it will make sptting cops at night or the wee morning hours a whole lot more confusing.

As for tuning experience yes the Marauder or the Crown Victoria is a great sedan to tune, it does use the same engine as the Mustang Cobra so there is plenty of aftermarket, but that also doesn't make it too unique. What you should try to do is something I thought of, take a 2nd gen Subaru Legacy GT with the 2.5l H4. Of course replace the cams with something more solidly built ones, maybe by STi or something. Then with an exhaust and intake upgrade try to see if you can fit a pair of those bi-sequential turbos from a Legacy B4 into it. It would also probably be a good idea to get B4 or some brand of upgraded fuel injectors and an ECU from the Legacy B4 as well. Just a thought I had and not being completely automotive or Subaru savvy there can be some problems I missed.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
city cops here drive Impalas.
Yeah I remember that. Even the University Police used Impalas. Weird. They do get better gas mileage than the Vics though. There's a possible explanation.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Porter

Who needs land yachts?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter
Who needs land yachts?
Who needs water yachts?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Hater

no escape - road, dirt, or snow.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Certified Porschephile

Dayle, I told you buy one if you like it. But you fall victim to your own backwards logic. You have a history of butting heads with the anti-ford just because it's a ford group on here, but then you fire back you won't own any GM no matter what. Then you tell me quote any numbers I want it doesn't matter to you, but scroll back and see what you said when pointed out that the Crown Vic is a pos, you say then why did the feds buy 10,000 of them. Because they are in a market without competition. I'm done.

P.S. I want a E Class Mercedes or 5 Series BMW cruiser car like in Germany!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
no escape - road, dirt, or snow.

i'm still waiting to see / get pulled over by one of these. the picture doesn't look very "front range" so i may never see one.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 04-14-2005, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
Dayle, I told you buy one if you like it. But you fall victim to your own backwards logic. You have a history of butting heads with the anti-ford just because it's a ford group on here, but then you fire back you won't own any GM no matter what. Then you tell me quote any numbers I want it doesn't matter to you, but scroll back and see what you said when pointed out that the Crown Vic is a pos, you say then why did the feds buy 10,000 of them. Because they are in a market without competition. I'm done.

P.S. I want a E Class Mercedes or 5 Series BMW cruiser car like in Germany!!!!
Don't bother. There's got to be Ford fans out there, without them, who else would buy Ford's? Besides, I need Ford around to give my car some competition!
I get tired of smoking everything on the street.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
I guess this puts a new spin on why Chrysler decided to show off a Dodge Charger police cruiser police cruiser at the New York Auto Show.
Dodge should be kicked in the nut-sack for calling that a Charger.
Im not saying it won't be a nice car, just that Dodge shoulda come up with another name.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Certified Porschephile

But calling it a Diplomat would be a shame! Anyone remember the St. Regis? That was a nice looking police car. Was that a Dodge or a Plymouth?
Old 04-16-2005, 11:43 AM
SVX Appeal

I like Marauders - it's the people who drive them I don't like. There's too many "unmarked" police cars out there. I check my rearview mirror. I see the Crown-Vic front end a few cars back. I ease off the throttle and downshift. The Vic passes me. It's just another guy with a Marauder. Dammit. Back up to speed.

...but I totally understand the appeal. I love driving boats. Hey, even the SVX isn't exactly a Jet Ski in the world of car-boat analogies. If it wasn't for the fact that the Marauder is an unmarked look-a-like, (and the fact that it's a Ford,) I'd actually be happy to be caught dead driving one. Same goes for the big RWD Impala SS. Both cars look fantastic in black, on black, with black and black. Windows must be tinted with sheets of ABS plastic - complete opacity.

I once saw a black Impala SS, lowered, polished wheels, tinted waaay beyond the legal limit, sitting in a parking lot. The door opens, and a guy in a suit steps out. Just before he closes the door, I catch a glimpse inside. There's no passenger seat. It's a stack of radio gear, a computer, and who knows what else. There's a light bar at the top of the windshield, and an AR-15 between the seats. I smile and say to him, "The best part about catching the bad guys must be confiscating their toys." He smiles back, "It has it's perks." ...and all this time I thought the Men In Black were just movie characters.

Anyway, if I were to weigh in, I'd suggest the Impala SS, but both cars are cool. I won't hate you for driving the Marauder. I'll just hate you for looking like another unmarked car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: