Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-25-2003, 09:50 AM
CONSUME

Thank you guys so much. This sight is what pushed me over the edge to buy the car.
What is worse long drives or stop go. I drive it to work(15 NY miles) 5 days a week.
I have a trip planned for next week to Mass. to go visit family.200+miles. Is it a no go/ can I ride it in 3rd the entire trip? I am dead broke. I have travel money(just enough). I could prob. get the work done in Mass. much much cheaper.
The other option is worse. Let my heavy footed girlriend take my car and I take the 2002 outback. That option scares the heck out of me.
1 more question... Should i be doing preventative measures with the outbacks tranny, or is it not a problem with them. Maybe just going sinth. or somethin... Thanks guys for the help.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

Mine has travelled from Maryland to Vermont across New Hampshire thru Maine Back to Maryland and then to N.C. and back.
From MD. to Tennessee and back.
From MD. to Fla. and back and many 200 plus weekend jaunts. The SVX is a true Gran Turismo. I have clocked as much as 30 miles per gallon with Cruise control on and sitting at a steady 70, that was the Maine trip. After a new engine and before Tranny #3 i clocked 27 miles per gallon on the FLA. trip with cruise set at 80.

I'd keep your initial trip at 65 on cruise. That way all the folks passing you can appreciate one of the best looking cars ever imported to the U.S.
'03 Forester XS 214,000 miles
'05 Outback 3.0R