Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-13-2002, 01:34 PM
SVXCH

Question Front grille plastic cover

Hi folks

I took today the front grille out from mine 1992 SVX, it wasn't a problem. Now my question:

On this grill is outside a black plastic cover. So this cover stops the airflow through the grille into the cooler. I don't know, if this cover is only on European SVX, or maybe specially in Switzerland. Most fun is, this cover can be taken away.

I saw on many pictures from USA SVX that they don't have this cover, so, as you can see, I took it today away.

Can somebody tell me, why we have in Switzerland (or maybe in other countries) this cover on the grille?

The more air flows to the cooler the better it is for the engine, isn't it?

Greetings

Kusi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grillnewlook.jpg (12.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-14-2002, 04:25 PM

Thumbs up cheers!

Kusi, I'm not technically qualified to speak to your question. Sorry.

However, I just went to your locker to get a look at your very fine SVX. Impressive!

And I am blown away by Andrin's car! I just love the yellow ones!

So are you two the only SVX's in Switzerland?
Old 09-14-2002, 04:43 PM
SVXCH

Hi

I posted also in the European forum the same question. This cover is really strange, can be, that it is for arctic temp, like "boone" wrote. I think the same. Anyway now the cover is away.

I also like Andrins yellow SVX. No, we are not the only ones. But they sell here in Switzerland only 957 SVX from 1992 till 1997, half from the are still on the streets.

Unfortunatey there are not very much drivers intrested in a club, so I am since april 2002 member of the new founded subaruclub.ch http://www.subaruclub.ch Like the name says it's a club for all Subaru drivers but 99 % are Impreza Turbos or WRX.

In the menu "wir über uns" you will also see pictures of my SVX. End of this month I will buy new wheels.

Kusi
Old 09-14-2002, 05:00 PM

Nice website! Unfortunately, my high-school Deutsch is nicht so gut. (...wonder if I can study up again?)

subaruclub.ch looks like it's a good place to be. Like your situation, there are more SVX's around Seattle than we have been able to attract to our tours. Few cars (well, compared to Hondas), fewer enthusiast owners. But when we can get several SVX's together, it's good fun!

(By the way, I don't know what your new wheels will be, but I like your 16" ATP's. Looks good!)

Cheers!
Old 09-15-2002, 01:34 AM
I_Alcyone_I

yeah there are quite a few svx around puyallup and federal way too, but im always going in the opposite direction as them so i can never track them down.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:36 AM
SVXCH

Ok, I become today answer from the Subaru Garage and........

nobody knows for what this cover is good!!

This is really funny. Ok, it doesn't matter why, they say this cover can be taken away without no problems.

Kusi