Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM

AWD not working......

I have a '95 L with AWD and the AWD is not working. Just last spring, early in the spring, I replaced the seal on the back of the trans because it was leaking badly. Not that this should affect the spinning of the driveshaft so long as it is in. It obviously is. I get PLENTY of FWD power but nothing at the rear wheels and power never transfers AT ALL! I was told to make sure that the FWD fuse had nothing in it and there was not one in there. I did also have my head gaskets done but that shouldn't affect anything unless something was left unplugged while pulling the motor.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: AWD not working......

Has anyone noticed that the AWD fails on the 95's more than any other year? There must have been a bad run of transmissions. It's almost always a sheared off drum from what I understand.
2001 Audi S8
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya-r-ex View Post
I have a '95 L with AWD and the AWD is not working. Just last spring, early in the spring, I replaced the seal on the back of the trans because it was leaking badly. Not that this should affect the spinning of the driveshaft so long as it is in. It obviously is. I get PLENTY of FWD power but nothing at the rear wheels and power never transfers AT ALL! I was told to make sure that the FWD fuse had nothing in it and there was not one in there. I did also have my head gaskets done but that shouldn't affect anything unless something was left unplugged while pulling the motor.

Any thoughts?
my 92 does the same. shows the fwd light on the cluster, and they lifted it up and press the gas to see if the rear wheel were doing anything but nothing. they said the tranny is bad so somehow his friend had and svx and he had a rebuilt tranny so they went and pick it up but they called me today and said that tranny was mess up too so now im stock w my old one and waiting to get my money back. i really want a 6sp swap but i dont have money to pay all at once. sucks, i wish tom did like a payment plan that would be sweet. i do a contract w him and all in order so he does my swap, i trust that guy on that.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Yeah a 6 speed swap cures half the problem of the SVX. I think it is the way to go for future projects.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsvx View Post
my 92 does the same. shows the fwd light on the cluster, and they lifted it up and press the gas to see if the rear wheel were doing anything but nothing. they said the tranny is bad so somehow his friend had and svx and he had a rebuilt tranny so they went and pick it up but they called me today and said that tranny was mess up too so now im stock w my old one and waiting to get my money back. i really want a 6sp swap but i dont have money to pay all at once. sucks, i wish tom did like a payment plan that would be sweet. i do a contract w him and all in order so he does my swap, i trust that guy on that.
If the FWD light is on in the instrument cluster, it is because the FWD fuze is in...take it out
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM

I wish that was my problem.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Check this thread

Tom
Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
If the FWD light is on in the instrument cluster, it is because the FWD fuze is in...take it out
will this also make work all the wheels? cause right now is running as FWD. thanks man
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsvx View Post
will this also make work all the wheels? cause right now is running as FWD. thanks man
Yes, with the FWD in, thats the only way the FWD light on the dash lights up and that also means it will only allow power to the front wheels-no rear power