IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Don't wanna revive, but...

I know you all have seen these hot messes and are probably sick of seeing them but I was wondering if anybody would have a stab at the price of how much the body work for these Russian cars would be? I'm not including the wheels, tint, paint, or any of the interior work. Just the exterior body work and how much the kids would cost. Not the disguesting park bench wing either.

Click here: http://www.automarket.su/2007/06/08/23tun_2007.html

Click here: http://www.automarket.su/old/artic05/tun5.shtml

First one(ugly paint):

Second one:

I know they're sorta ugly.. But i like some qualities about em.. Any info that you may have would be appriciated..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: Don't wanna revive, but...

hood isn't completely closed on the top one. bottom either i don't think.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Yeah the top one looks like the hood does not fit in the slightest but the bottom one almost has the same hood with a much better fit. I wasn't a 100% sure so thanks for pointing that out..
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 12-02-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: My lord.. Still can't spell.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
...and how much the kids would cost. Not the disguesting park bench wing either...
Kids can be pretty expensive...now kits on the other hand range in prices.

You have to watch some after market hoods. My red SVX with Dayles fiberglass hood has a small gap between the drivers side fender and hood. There is also a small gap between the front of the hood and the grille/headlights. Unless you're OCD about that kind of stuff (like I am) you don't really notice.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Last edited by SVXyGirl; 12-02-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXyGirl View Post
Kids can be pretty expensive...now kits on the other hand range in prices.

You have to watch some after market hoods. My red SVX with Dayles fiberglass hood has a small gap between the drivers side fender and hood. There is also a small gap between the front of the hood and the grille/headlights. Unless you're OCD about that kind of stuff (like I am) you don't really notice.
Unfortunatly I am quite OCD about that kind of stuff. I want perfection but it costs too much money.
Also, I swear it's not my fault I have so many typo's. I'm not supposed to be on the network or on any other website for that matter at work but I do it anyway and try my best to type fast.. :P
Old 12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
hood isn't completely closed on the top one. bottom either i don't think.
If they're at a show the hoods are likely left open so the engines can be shown easily.

The second one doesn't really have much done to it. Custom headlights, a bumper overlay, and the hood. As they would be one-offs they wouldn't be cheap, but I'd say that could be done by a shop for less than $2000. (not including paint)

The first has much more extensive work. The fender flares, molded in, etc...At least twice as much for the body work.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

Another one of his fine completed masterpieces...

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Well the vents are easy...
http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...hoodvents.html
placed a little differently and installed more professionally

not sure about the scoop though.... If I were to do it by hand I'd say the whole hood would be $250 including the new paint closer to $1000 if I was charging for labor.... cheaper and easier (and I think looks better) is the WRX style hood ...
http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...t/svxfiho.html

Last edited by iizbeastie; 12-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.