Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Re: Garage incidents...

Not really an injury, but last week I was cleaning out the garage and organizing it with new shelves and a cabinet, I get most of it done and I'm admiring my work. I get the shop vac out and start cleaning the floor, the cord gets stuck on a tote, so I pull the cord to get some slack, forgetting about the full oil container on top of the tote. Needless to say it tips over and dumps 6 qts of used oil all over the floor. Spent the next 2 hours cleaning that mess up.

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

The list of self inflicted injuries I've done while working on cars would be pages long....so I'll only touch on a couple of the worse ones...

During my first 5-speed swap I "Torn" my middle finger on my left hand to the bone...yes, Tore, not cut.....the doctor had to take scissors and trim up the tear before he could apply stitches...ouch...

And my worst one was trying to break a lug nut loose on a Dodge Dakota, with a breaker bar, had all my weight on it, and the pin in the head of the breaker bar( a SK Tool)...well...broke , and the pin flew straight up and hit me right on the pupil of my eye....instantly lost vision in that eye, and thought it was gone for good, hurt like nothing I had ever experienced I said word that I had never even HEARD before....It didn't rupture my eye, but did cause a "Trauma induced Cataract" so I had to have surgery to have a new “Fake” lens installed in my left eye…and yes..you have to be awake while they cut on your eye so I can see out of that eye again, but it doesn’t focus, kind of like a cheap camera, I can see at a distance with it fine, but it doesn’t focus so up close I just use the other eye, or some reading glasses…..I never even considered wearing safety glasses to change a tire before this happened…
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM

When I was 8 I got my middle finger stuck in a wheel nut while my dad replaced a flat tire at home... took my dad almost an hour to remove it, my finger was getting purple and my dad was talking about getting the blow torch to cut the nut in half...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: