Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 03-03-2002, 11:48 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Question Aftermarket Shift Knobs

Does anybody here have any experience with aftermarket AT shift knobs? For an example, see here:

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...k=yes&dept=428

I would assume that the two buttons on the SVX shifter might cause problems using a universal knob like that.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:25 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Aftermarket Shift Knobs

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix96

I would assume that the two buttons on the SVX shifter might cause problems using a universal knob like that.
I dont belive that the 2nd (manual) button would cause a problem for this reason. The 2nd button is an electronic switch (correct me if i'm wrong on that one). Thus you could put it anywhere you wanted to in the car. It would be a matter of finding a switch you liked and that would fit where you wanted to put it. then when you changed the shifter taking the wires that run to this switch and running them to the new switch. That way you could still go into the "manual" mode when the new switch compleated the circuit.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

Resurrection!

Hey, I'd like to know if anyone else has any experience in this as well, and I didn't want to clog the Forum any more with new threads.

A co-worker of mine told me a story of how he installed a cyclic stick from an AH-1 Cobra (Yes, the helicopter, and yes, the "joystick") into his Trans Am for his Automatic shifter. He also wired it so that the trigger started the car, the hat controlled the windows, and another button was for the horn. Granted this exact setup might not work for the SVX, but it's a bada$$ idea!

Anyway... Anyone know where I could find good information on how the SVX's shifter is set up and how to take it apart, put a different one in, etc?