Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Rash of For sale threads

It seems that every year we get more and more for sale threads around this time of year. Many new members joining up and selling out. Seems like the SVX market is never going to get better for the seller....

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 AM
#073 of 301

On the positive side, if the car is being sold on here it will likely go to a member. Any "join to sells" will get put in their place if they come in here trying to sell a busted tranny 92 for $4k so the deals on here are usually very good.

I bought mine through here, and man was I glad to see every new FS thread pop up so I could shop around.

Edit: And this time of year is perfect for buying one. Maximum spring/summer cruisage time
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I was looking at autotrader.com yesterday and I think the value of the older SVX's 92, 93, 94 is holding.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
fl_svx

Resale and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
I was looking at autotrader.com yesterday and I think the value of the older SVX's 92, 93, 94 is holding.
There are a couple of rules of thumb in play here. Obviously with the probability that there will be an expensive tranny failure means that prices will be depressed, however this in part only a state of mind. As the 'bad' tranny cars are parted out (being kind here), the ratio of bad versus good decreases over time. Those of us who take care of our cars and maintain them will always demand a higher price, this is obvious. Over time, the only cars left are the good ones. What the SVX has going for it are the things that will make them quite valuable. The styling for one. AWD is now coming into it's own. Name me an AWD 2 door coupe that is as affordable and entertaining as the SVX. Parts are plentiful and should remain so for the time being. Look at the prices of a 72 Daytona or Ford/DeTomaso Pantera, both of which cost new around $13-14k. I see the SVX in the same light. Over time, the value will catch up with the car. There will always be a market for an SVX. So if you want more than one, I'd suggest looking now, while they are still affordable. Supply and demand, you know.