How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-09-2002, 10:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Can I tell a HAPPY dealer story?

Most posts about getting our babies worked on here are the stuff of nightmares. I just wanted to add a good one to the mix.

Remember my oil leak...well that's ok....I have one. Up front and I figured it was a cam/crank cover. The burning oil was stinking up the garage.

I just got a call from my dealer. "Well Mr. Scorse...you have a leaky oil pump..(that's better than leaking seals in my book)...and...it's covered under your extended warrantee." WUUPPIE! I thought the warrantee ran out at 60K, but they say the extended warrantee 'extends' you 60K beyond when you bought the car. Hmm? That means I'm good till +90K miles.

Well I sure hope he's right. Then he suggested that I go for a new t-belt. Labor is free because he has to take it off anyway. I expected that but I figured they still try to hit me up for some sort of labor charge. Nope. I guess they don't need to charge me for opening up the new box.

I was concerned that all my high speed highway driving may have caused it. He told me that there was nothing I could have done differently driving about the leaky pump. "These things just happen." I can keep driving they way I do. That was GOOD to hear. I love this car and they way it GOES and I would HATE HATE to have to baby it.

I don't drive real hard, but from time to time I like to pass people...you know what I mean.

Anyway. A happy ending. I get to pick up my baby tonight and give back the rented Outback. I pay a $50 deductable and $90 for the belt and I'm on my way. I was expecting several days and $1K before it was all over. Now I get a t-belt installed for $50 bucks!!

Sometimes you gotta share the good things here too.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:03 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up

Two thumbs up --- and IFF i have more thumbs, I'd say they are up too. Good news to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 01-09-2002, 12:06 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Can I tell a HAPPY dealer story?

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
"These things just happen."
thanks for your happy story. i like to hear that. you can pick up your baby later w/ much, much lesser than you expected.

yeah "thing just happens." there's no signs at all for the weak battery. my 'die-hard gold' totally died yesternite. i knew it was cold but the die-hard gold totally died(no security) with no sign. really weird! got it jump start. now the test shows a good battery - 850cca. if it dies again, i want a new replacement. this is a 100mths battery, die-hard gold dies easily?? so far, i suspect two things, just observe now..

i wish to have good story to share...but i have no warrantee i already proved that no awd system working...now is another bug?? hopefully it's just the die-hard thing happened.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 01-09-2002, 12:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Can I tell a HAPPY dealer story?

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

thanks for your happy story. i like to hear that. you can pick up your baby later w/ much, much lesser than you expected.

yeah "thing just happens." there's no signs at all for the weak battery. my 'die-hard gold' totally died yesternite. i knew it was cold but the die-hard gold totally died(no security) with no sign. really weird! got it jump start. now the test shows a good battery - 850cca. if it dies again, i want a new replacement. this is a 100mths battery, die-hard gold dies easily?? so far, i suspect two things, just observe now..

i wish to have good story to share...but i have no warrantee i already proved that no awd system working...now is another bug?? hopefully it's just the die-hard thing happened.
Batteries don't really last that long. They claim it's a 5-year battery, but after like one year they prorate it. So if your battery happens to last for three years, they'll give you maybe half value for it when you bring it in for what you expect will be a free replacement.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-09-2002, 11:29 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Re: Can I tell a HAPPY dealer story?

Quote:

Whoa! Deja vous, ESL Dude!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=2402

Take a gander (look) at that thread.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 01-10-2002, 05:40 AM
One teal and One yellow

Smile yeah i'm ESL or higher

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
Whoa! Deja vous, ESL Dude!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=2402
Take a gander (look) at that thread.
thanks, steve! i'm an ESL or may be an ETL(t=third) dude. my native language is as: "ni hao, xin nian guai le"(i dont think the s/w will support my native font ) so if you've some time pls advise me how to be like English as my First Language. i still have to speak out, though? if not, no improvement. also, thanks for the link, i kind of read about it but i didn't go further.

thanks, pocket! do you agree? i feel that a good battery can last up to 5yrs or even more, if you drive it always and get it fully recharged. if it's always garage(i understand your case , there'll be another story.

SO, i went to start the SVX just now. headlights are bright, battery is strong, but is not as cold as yesternite. yesternite, it was a kind of weird, there's no any sign at all(i drove for few hrs the night b4). it's just died totally(even no illuminated entry light-ring, security gone).

i love to think it's the battery prob than others. the die-hard gold is the 100mths and 3yrs replacement battery. it may not be the best but it's not too bad and quite famous. two other reasons, i would guess are: i hate to think that my alternator is going down. it seems to me the alternator is not putting out enough while is hot and under many loads(headlight, heat(hi speed), defroster, and so on). i feel that the alternator is not putting out enough especially you turned the signal lights(other electrical lights got affected). i saw this common prob in other SVXes too(test-drive others b4 bought this one). the best output from the alternator is, when the car is cold, you don't turn on the A/C/heat or any headlights. my last guess is, i hope it couldn't be the rear wiper's prob. it's because last night, my rear wiper got stuck half-way by ice and not in its original position. shouldn't be so high-tech on this machine, right?

what did you speak, Deja Vous? french?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 01-10-2002, 11:36 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: yeah i'm ESL or higher

Quote:

what did you speak, Deja Vous? french?
Gee. I donno. I kinda thought it was. Uhm, let's see. <Perusing Webster's Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language.> Ah! Here it is!

Oooops!

Deja vu

Hey. I had it spelled wrong and it's still French.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>