How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-04-2002, 07:51 AM
ironsvx

Thumbs up introduction of a new svxer

While shopping for my 16 year-old son to get a car in mid December, I ran across a red 94 svx on e-bay. I knew nothing about the svx but thought it looked sharp. The bidding on this car got too rich for me but I went to a 92 burgundy svx in NJ on the rebound. We got this one and my daughter and I went up and picked it up and drove it back to GA just before Christmas. We had no major problems but there was a slight oil leak that showed up in Virginia. It is now in the shop (Conley Subaru in Decatur, GA) getting front and cam seals replaced. I hope to get it out today. While the svx was purchased for my son, of course, it belongs to the family. It is the best feeling car that I have ever driven; I just hope that we can afford it over the long haul. Maybe I will let my son drive it some Well hello to all. I am with the yahoo club, too. I enjoy perusing the discussions.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:19 AM
Lowered SVX

welcome to the net greg.

sounds like you are happy with your svx and that is all that matters. we should be able to keep you car out of the shop.....hopefully. you should be immediately be thinking about installing a tranny cooler. nothing like extending the life of your $2500 tranny! again welcome and i hope you keep your svx for a long time.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Welcome, Ironsvx!! Join us often -- there's never a dull moment.

One of the way to defray possible costs in the future, since it is a "family" car, is to develop a fund where all family members contribute. There WILL be costs to consider -- all the same things one has to deal with with any car, however, parts will be a little more expensive.

I've had seals, belts, battery, you know, the standard stuff worked on. I've gone through transmission "hell." But I wouldn't trade this car for a buckload of new anythings!!! Of course, most people think I've become somewhat obsessed with this car, but, I look at it this way: Everybody needs a hobby. I don't play golf, I don't "collect" anything -- there are more and less expensive hobbies than having an SVX, but, it's the one I have chosen.

So, from your description, you *are* going to let your son drive the car every once in a while . . . right?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-05-2002, 04:45 AM
One teal and One yellow

welcome

ironsvx, i knew you you've introduced yourself in the yahoo.

i believe you're very aware of the very sad chronological story -- wrecked -- in the yahoo. his daugther is 16, your son is 16 too. his daughter is not your son, your son is not like his daughter?? let your son be more familiar and understand the car's personality first and gradually let him take over.

are you going to drive it more often than him??

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05