Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2003, 05:55 PM

Thumbs up A/C Compressor info

For those of you that might need one:

I contacted the seller on E-Bay that has been advertising the compressors at $230 Buy-Now prices to see if they had one for a 1991 Toyota MR2 (my son's car).

They did, and we bought one from them. NO Core charge, no requirement to even ship back the core, unit looked as good in person as the photos imply for the SVX unit they have listed. Been on his car for a couple of weeks now with no issues. Also got a new receiver/drier from them for $25. BTW, I converted him from R-12 to 134a and I asked about a conversion kit - they threw in a seal kit and 134 conversion fittings for free (yes FREE). So, for $205 (shipping included) I got a rebuilt compressor (loaded with proper quantity & type oil), new drier and conversion parts - when my local Advance Auto Parts wanted ~$400 just for a rebuilt compressor.

I realize this isn't a long term test of reliability yet, but the woman I spoke to on the phone was professional and polite. She responded to e-mail promptly (I sent queries from ~10 am to as late as 9PM - eastern time), usually within minutes.

As always on these things, YMMV, just my 1-time experience.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:59 PM
svxeno

Good info though. I gots a leak somehwere. May need them for some parts.

Thanks!

Randy ii
Old 07-16-2003, 07:35 PM

Randy,

Please don't blame me if they don't work out for you, I've never dealt with them before this one little bit of business - even if it did go well.

One advantage for us is they are working out of an almost local street address: 9468 Arbol Court, Largo, FL 33773 - you could always take a short road trip and throttle them in person if it does go bad.

Might want to act dumb about the E-Bay add and see if their direct price is any better (no need to pay EBay commission) - your call. e-mail direct to them at: double_rs2002@msn.com