Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-16-2003, 02:18 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
O/T help kittens!

Help! I just found 2 kittens without the mother and they've been outside for two days wandering under my car with no adult mother around. I took them inside because they are less than a month old. Their eyes just started to open and they are constantly whining. I just went out to buy kitten formula but they will not take it. I need some help!
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 05-16-2003, 02:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Kittens make good stew.

Calm down, I'm kidding.

Actually, I was thinking that my wife's kitten, Mika, would make good stew. Grrr, what a little...

...ahem...

Call your local Humane Society - they should be able to give you some pointers over the phone. Poor little things. What a shame they were abandoned like that.

Edit: I found this info online. I hope it helps.

http://www.kittencare.com/askKC_Feeding_Kittens.html

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 05-16-2003 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Kittens

They should take it when they are hungry although you may need to get them a bottle . Yes, I'm being serious . You should also try some wet catfood or ground beef and rice. Milk might help until they become accustom to not being fed by mom. Have you named them yet? Might I suggest Pearlie and Laguna? I would put some food out for the mother just in case she's around somewhere. My mom found 2 kittens under a truck in a grocery store a year or so ago. Not wanting them to get hit she took them home and put an ad in the paper. Some woman called 9 days later claiming that they were in the garage and must've climbed into the back of the truck when she went to the store. She was real nasty and wanted them back that night even though my folks had dinner plans. My mom was so upset about the whole thing b/c by this time they had sort of bonded with her cats and all. The woman didn't even offer to pay the $10 to put the ad in the paper. I wonder if the cats are even alive now.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:39 AM

DON"T GIVE THOSE KITTENS PEOPLE MILK!!!

they make a special mixture just for kittens you can get at your local vet hospital. if they won't take it, ask the vet for a 10 cc syringe and a cath and take the cath and screw it to the noozel of the syringe and fill the syringe full of milk, about 5 cc or ml then make sure there is no air and dip the cath into some milk to get it lubed and put it down their throat slowly..and carefully and when you hit bottom, make sure you aren't in the lungs by pushing the plunger a little and see the reaction, if all is well, continue pushing the plunger. do this every few hours or as they wake and cry. then in a day or so, they should take it from a bottle. warm the milk up too, they like that. when you feed them wrap them in a towel, it feels like the mother's tongue. and you need to make them poop, you do this by rubing with a paper towel...on their little tooshie.

i had to take a weekend kitten home from the vet hospital because the vet and his family were going away, this is what i did and by the time i brought it back, he was eating from a bottle by himself. he still goes back to my vet, so i know he is now a big fat cat. he was found on the side of the road by a truck driver, he was all skin and bones.

Kelli

if i can help more, feel free to pm me
you can also take them to the vet and have them handle it, or a Human Society
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:52 AM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
you do this by rubing with a paper towel...on their little tooshie.

That's how I do it.

Randy ii
Old 05-17-2003, 06:53 AM
svxeno

Wait a minute...Are we still talking about the cats?

Randy ii
Old 05-17-2003, 06:54 AM
svxeno

Ooops
Old 05-17-2003, 07:45 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Thanks everyone for the tips. I read up also on some websites about them and I got them to start eating. It's a lot of care because they peed on themselves overnight and I had to give them a bath with a warm wet towel and dry them off. They are taking in formula luckily and I will get pics soon. They are about the size of hampsters. I am thinkin about naming them Cheddar and Jax, since one is orange and one is a calico. Unless you guys some good SVX related names . I am thinking about Boxer instead of Jax, so jax is open to change.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 05-17-2003, 09:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Cooking Fat

( Best said in a North of England accent.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954