Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale

Old 05-23-2017, 03:10 PM

1992 SVX LSl for sale

Location of the SVX: Brevard, NC

Year: 1992

Model: LS-L

VIN: JF1CX3538NH102898

Manufacture date: 6/91

Paint Color: Dark Teal

Interior Color: Gray leather

Miles:109,800

Options: all

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: 4.44 transmission, chrome silver SVX hood ornament. Subaru 6-disk CD head unit (2003).

Major service: none except for transmission replacement. Spark plugs, drive belts and timing belts were all replaced at 60,000. Replaced power steering pump. New ft. struts, new polyy SB bushings, new ft. half axles, all rotors/pads done, new MAF, new cigarette socket, AFPR, B&M plate trans cooler, SS brake lines

Engine Condition: excellent

Maintenance Records: have all records since 5/96

Transmission condition: good

Glass condition: good (glass is tinted)

Type of tire and remaining tread: Vogue Signature, new 6/2016, 245/45-17

Type of wheels: Rota Boost 17” – good condition/ a few nicks

Interior condition: excellent

Body condition: very good to excellent

Known defects or problems: 1. Cruise switch can be sticky. Cruise is operational.

Comments about the car: I bought this car in March 2013 garaged since.. Prior to this is was owned by svxxx26 and Don/Jean Addington

interior is in new condition. The wear that is noticeable at all is on the driver's seat, and it is no more than well broken in - no rips or tears. I have Lexol'd all leather regularly. Carpeting is like new, always protected. Rear seat has rarely been used. The original radio/cassette was replaced with a 6-disk unit from an Outback. There is no rust anywhere

Low beams are HID, high beams are LED's with proper relays..very bright light throw. Starter mod done.

All fluids have been changed regularly. The oil has been changed more often than necessary and I have used Mobil 1 5W30 only. Likewise the front/rear diffs have Mobil 1 75W90. Paint condition is very good to excellent. There was some damage to the front fender and it was replaced and the hood wand upper half of the passenger door repainted by previous owner. The paint matches as perfectly as is possible. A few small dents were removed after I bought it. (per last owner's description..unchanged as far as new damage). I have continued to change the fluids regularly.

Of course there are a few small nicks and chips here and there

Svxfiles installed the 4:44 transmission after the original started having issues in March 2007. It had just over 60,000 on the odometer then. He also did the "$15.00/15-minute mod" and installed a modified dropping resistor (firmer shifts). Adjusted mileage due to gear ration difference is about 105,350.
Prior owners had a rebuilt power steering pump installed in November 2010. Tie rod ends replaced May 2011.

I would say that this is probably one of the better 1992 SVXs you will find anywhere. I know I have done as much as I could to keep it in like new condition like it's prior owners. Runs perfectly and has never failed me.

Asking price: $4,900.00, same price I paid for it.

Everything works..cold A/C, no SRS/ABS lights on.

Selling in hope of buying LAN's 1994 SVX..if I had more garage space I would keep it...if it doesn't sell I have considered a carport for one of my other cars and keep both. Picture shows RX8 rims with Blizzaks..Rota's on her now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0232.jpg (461.3 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by fasteract7; 06-12-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:29 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: 1992 SVX LSl for sale

Beautiful car! Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 PM

Re: 1992 SVX LSl for sale

Merci....would love to keep both but space a problem. I get the feeling that I will solve that "problem" though and try to keep both unless someone pops up and realizes my "Teal Deal" is worth putting in their garage.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up Re: 1992 SVX LSl for sale

I knew both prior owners, & I'll vouch for the excellent care they gave this vehicle.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:44 AM

Talking Re: 1992 SVX LSl for sale

Thanks for the comment. As the 3rd owner, I'll put my OCD behavior up against anyone else's !! See pic of engine compartment. I should put up a photo of the front subframe/suspension where I toothbrushed the grime away and Collinite waxed it...nothing some Zoloft couldn't fix.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: