Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Bob6stringer

For sale: 1995 L

My 1995 L must go. Single owner; my wife bought it new. I don't know what price to ask; I seek no more than a fair price for all. I'll trade it into a dealer in a few days if I can't keep her in the SVX network-family.

DETAILS...

Emerald Pearl; 83,000 - 84,000 good miles; "Active safety group" (AWD/ABS/Dual Airbags); gray leather/cloth interior; no mods, all stock, down to the penlight in the owner's manual.

VIN: JF1CX3356 SH100440 ... the ext/int colors seem unique, maybe this owes to the July 1994 manufacture date. All stock, never been in an accident, period.

The engine and transmission work beatifully, never had any problems at all. Last year I put $1,400 (non-dealer dollars) into a new front end. My wife tossed the receipt (sorry) but this work included new axles, boots (hope you know what I mean) and I forget what you call the rack-and-pinion parts.

Besides a CD stuck in the (original) stereo's CD player, everything works. Current needs are for new rear bearings and either a new cat. converter or front muffler (there's a buzzing and it's not the heat shields I discarded years ago). Rear bearings need replacing. Brakes will need replacing within six months or three of hard driving. One wheel leaks slowly over a month or two; I didn't catch this until it wore one side of one of the still-good Toyos down a bit.

Cosmetically, there's zero rust, a few minor door dings, a very slight warp in the passenger side door plastic and some hood nicks. (Compoundable?)

I don't have the money, time or patience to get the car detailed but will shoot some pix and get them up here tomorrow Tuesday, August 15. Or e-mail me here and I'll return the call promptly.

Thanks,
--Bob

Photos are here in my locker... sorry it's not washed or detailed!

Also: '05 Forester

Last edited by ensteele; 01-21-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 PM

What you asking, I am near and would love to check it out.

Thanks

Greg
Old 08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Bob6stringer

Price? $4,000. Call my cell if you're sincere: 847.807.9255. Again, ZERO accidents, very good shape.

ASAP, please, so I can get the truck I need for work.

Last edited by Bob6stringer; 08-16-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
that's a great price!
If I was in the market, this would be a great svx to get into.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Bob6stringer

Update ...

More info, because I really want to move the car out:

1) I WILL COME DOWN HOWEVER MUCH I NEED TO IF PRICE IS "WRONG." (I could use advice, haven't researched this.)
2) I have an appointment in Des Plaines (Z-Car is name of shop) to replace the rear bearings.
3) PHOTOS are in my locker, help yourself to see it not too clean. (Click Personal Lockers and look me up)
4) I will consider how to deliver to you if you're out of town... may even do the road trip to your door.
5) The Check Engine light is on... what's it all mean?

Last edited by Bob6stringer; 08-16-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
here you go!

92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
I wish I would have looked here first, I just bought an SVX 2 days ago. You might want to try selling on ebay.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Bob6stringer

CORRECTION - It's an L (not LS)!

CORRECTION: It's an L, NOT AN LS!

Now it all makes sense... the gray cloth "L" interior on an LS? (And other discrepancies.) I did a little checking with Joe Spitz and his chart at http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html#1995%20SVX . . . and the VIN "decoder" doc in our own locker at http://www.svxworldnetwork.org/html/index.html and learned:

This is an "L" with optional spoiler and AWD, which was part of the Active Safety Group.

One bit of confusion left to clarify: When ordering touch-up paint that never came (from Mid-City, on Irving Park Rd. in Chciago), the dealer told me my car was Emerald Pearl - a 1994 color - not the standard Polo Green for that year. I'll upate this thread ASAP with that info.

--Bob

Old 08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
sold your svx yet?

Just wondering if youve sold this car yet? Wanna make a trip to VA? LOL
Old 08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob6stringer
The dealer told me my car was Emerald Pearl - a 1994 color - not the standard Polo Green for that year. I'll upate this thread ASAP with that info.
--Bob
I have reserached this issue. Here is the breakdown of the colors. In some years they changed the color name, and not the color itself, and in some years they changed the color, but not the name.

1992: Dark Teal - Paint Code 269
1993: No green offered
1994: Emerald Pearl - Paint Code 434
Early 1995: Polo Green (New name change from Emerald Pearl) - Paint Code 434 (carried over from previous year)

Mid-late 1995: A new brighter green was introduced -517 Polo green Pearl
1996: Polo Green Pearl - Paint code 517
1997:Polo Green - Paint Code 517

The color names were decided by the marketing people, not Subaru. Even though the color of the 1995 SVX's was still the same color Subaru called "Emerald Pearl" in 1994, the color was renamed "Polo Green" because at that time, the term "Polo" was more appealing to the public than "Emerald."

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-27-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM

interested in trading for a 91 acura legend? I will travel half way. I can pay $300 on top of the trade. Let me know.

I have a thread in the SVX wanted section .
Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Bob6stringer

Thumbs up New rear bearings & Polo Green onthe 95 L, thanks!

I replaced the rear bearings. (Front are les than 2 yrs old). Most of the buzzing was indeed a heat shield, though some buzz is still there between 1K and 2K rpms due to muffler/exhaust piece. QUESTION: Does anyone care if it's a $ubie muffler or not?

BTW, sorry I didn't detail her before shooting those pix (below and in my locker)!

REPLIES TO BELOW: svxess, my paint code is 434, so Polo Green it is, thanks! (what's your source?) AND to GOT2HAVESVX, don't laugh...I'll be in Tennessee on a work trip this Thurs and Friday!

I'm having some second thoughts about selling... the SVX turns heads every day (and I'm not that good looking, so it's definitely the car!). I;ll probably sell then buy locally... if I sell. I haven't posted this anywhere else yet, I hope to keep it in the "family." Thanks, all, RSVP as you see fit.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
LOL. Dude it looks like u just went and jacked my car. My Svx looks exactly the same as that one, except its a 1995. I think the paint is emerald and not polo green. My car color looks exactly the same and the reason why i say its emerald is because I repainted my car with the emerald pearl paint in body shop class. They probably just could have changed the name but it should still just be emerald.

BTW to anyone out there, If his svx has already been sold. I might be selling mine which looks pretty much almost exactly the same as this guys. Juse msg me.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
This is at a great price considering I paid $3,900 for an LSi 1994 SVX and traveled to your state to get her. The miles on my car when purchased is 130,000, and well its growing rapidly. I love the car. Your miles are low and it’s a great year to own. I would love to add it to my collection. Let us know when your ready to let it go. Honestly as of now I would just enjoy adding more miles on her until then. Your asking price kind of makes me feel a bit ripped…lol.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 09-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzsvx
This is at a great price considering I paid $3,900 for an LSi 1994 SVX and traveled to your state to get her. The miles on my car when purchased is 130,000, and well its growing rapidly. I love the car. Your miles are low and it’s a great year to own. I would love to add it to my collection. Let us know when your ready to let it go. Honestly as of now I would just enjoy adding more miles on her until then. Your asking price kind of makes me feel a bit ripped…lol.
Not too bad of a deal if not for having to travel to go get it. I paid $3,900 for my 92 LS-L with 118K miles on it and spotless when I bought it at a used car lot here in Akron.